Protein Bars & Shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• BrennaReistad
    BrennaReistad Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Quest Bars because of the sucralose. It makes me violently ill. Stevia makes me ill as well for some reason.
    I’m not a huge fan of nuts and have to eat gluten free. So Luna protein bars have been my favorite so far. They are not huge in protein but for the moment they are the only thing I can stand.
    Kind bars are good but I just don’t like all of the nuts. I really have not found anything else.
    All protein shakes I have tried have also made me sick, even buying one with Stevia. It’s a huge pain.
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like Balance Bars - no sugar alcohols like the quest bar
  • joyfulhappyheart
    joyfulhappyheart Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    where did you find the 3 boxes of oh yeah for $40?? I'd love to get a deal like that!!!! :D
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    thanks to a family member who ohated them, I have tried every flavor of quest bars-- they are all HORRIBLE to me! Even warming them up like people say-- gross.

I love Oh Yeah! Victory bars. Chocolate chip is my favorite so far.
    21 g protein, 20 g fiber, 200 calories

What do you find to be gross about them?

Not really sure-- they taste "chemically" to me-- for lack of any better description. I've tried just about every flavor and just couldn't handle them. LOL

I :heart: Quest bars, and I recently just purchased 3 boxes of Oh Yeah! Chocolate Chip Cooke Dough. I'd have to say that Quest are superior to Oh Yeah! taste & texture wise- I'm a fan of the Quest bars that have the chunks of stuff, cookies n cream:bigsmile: NOM... The only reason I purchased the Oh Yeah!'s is because I got 3 boxes for $40 (with an almost exact match in nutrition profile vs Quest). The Oh Yeah's are pretty good compared to some protein bars I've had- and it's actually better for me to have these on hand because I won't want to eat 10 a day like I want to with Quest bars laying around :blushing:

As far as shakes go, I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. I've loved all the flavors I've tried. My favorite is the Cinnamon Graham Cracker and a tablespoon of PB2 blended with a banana and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. YUM.

I limit myself to one Quest bar a day, but it's hard.
  • player30
    player30 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Think Thin White Chocolate is my favorite.