New here but not to the weightloss thing

Options
Hello,

Just a quick message to introduce myself:

I am Gaya, I live in SW England and as you may have guessed I am overweight (well obese if you want to know :sad: )

I am not new to the diet thing but I never manage to stick to it and give up really quickly. I love food and drink too much I think.
Despite trying to lose weight at numerous occasion, I have never ever taken any pills, shots or tried the whole raw food 500 cal a day type of thing :noway: (you get the idea). I don't believe in all these, they actually make me quite angry :angry: Despite not doing it properly I know that the only safe and sure way to lose weight is EAT LESS and MOVE MORE

I am have 77lbs to lose. OMG it seems soooo much :sad: But I am hoping that with your and my motivation I will get there, eventually.

So here I am and I am here to last!

:happy:

Replies

• championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Two suggestions.... need to eat to lose......reach for 5 lb goals the 77lb goal seems untouchable[thats only 26[5lb] mini goals]...little victories will keep you motivated and positive frame of mine! Came to the right site too! Members are supportive and informative....great luck to you...you can do this!:wink:
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Welcome! Friend me if you would like.................this is a fabulous site!:smile:
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for almost 4 months. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • losingitwithjess
    Options
    Welcome! You came to the right place! I too have quite a bit of weight to lose.. approx 80 lbs give or take a little.. My biggest downfall is my diet.. I have the exercise down pat now it is time to kick the diet into hard gear...

I suggest that you start working out.. get and exercise regimen in place.. and then change your diet.. do not try to change everything at once because you will get discouraged.. the best thing to do is listen to what your body tells you..

I look forward to following your success!

Lots of Love!