New today

Options
Hi everyone!

I just turned 28 yesterday and I am soo ready to finally get rid of this excess weight! This isn't my first day on MFP, but its my first day back and I am so excited!

Replies

• mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Good luck you can do it!!!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for almost 4 months. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • lillychap
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a newbie to this site too but I can honestly say that after just a couple of days I was addicted. Just keeping tabs on what you eat throughout the day is an eye opener, I thought that I was 'guessing' round about right but actually was way over .... anyone else I'm sure!!

Everything that passes my lips gets tracked and it sure is helping me keep a check. Its so handy to be able to check things before you buy them using the app on my phone means there is no excuse for anything to slip by!!

I am loving, loving this site and love reading everybodys comments, they keep me going and brighten my day.

Good luck everybody on your journeys :-) Lisa
  • bspz
    bspz Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am new too. Even though my first two days weren't great, I feel like this is a great tool which will keep me real. I am becoming more aware of everything I put in my mouth. Before it was easy to "forget" the little things I ate mindlessly. Seeing those red numbers is a real eye opener. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Welcome back, birthday girl!!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    welcome!! :)
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    Welcome back and Happy Birthday!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! :)
  • wardba4
    wardba4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    I am starting day 4 so far so good. for me keeping the daily food log has really helped me control calorie intake. I am a nurse and know better I just did not realize just how many excess calories i was consuming on a daily basis.