What do I do about corn???

Options
BetesBitch
BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
I used mfp corn from the data base and i get an ear of corn (148g). Well my corn looked normal regular size but it weighted 275g and the one im gonna eat for lunch tomorrow weighs 330g. WTH? I always thought an ear of corn was 30g carbs but if I put my 275g corn in mfp its gonna say it's like 60g of carbs.........Im in a corn dilema!!!! I need to take insulin for this corn too!!!!! HELP!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You could just log it as corn - weigh the whole cob before you eat it, then weigh what's left after dinner and do the math, log the difference - that's the corn you consumed.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You don't count the cob. Weigh the whole thing, eat it, weigh the remaining cob and subtract it from the original weight. You only track what you eat. Same thing goes for apple cores, peels, bones from meat etc etc.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    cut the corn off the cob and then weight it. I know, it takes the fun out of eating it off the cob.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    You don't count the cob. Weigh the whole thing, eat it, weigh the remaining cob and subtract it from the original weight. You only track what you eat. Same thing goes for apple cores, peels, bones from meat etc etc.

Oh, that's a good idea.
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    OKeedookee, thanks for the tips people. Appreciate it!