Improve Relationship with food

Options
fun_b
fun_b Posts: 199 Member
Oops title should say 'Improved' as I am talking about myself here and not giving advice.

What I am about to say is nothing new but it’s been on my mind today so I thought I would share.

I joined MPF around two years ago and I started at 1500 calories. At the time I wasn’t struggling and I had lost a decent amount of weight but I stopped logging and started to go off track. I had a break and then restarted seriously about four months ago but decided to change my calories to 1200.
I manage to stick to the allowance and most of the time, I wasn't too hungry but I wasn't losing weight as fast as I expected. I found myself stalling a lot.

In the last week, I decided to increase my calories again at 1500. I just wanted to enjoy food without feeling like I had cut back at breakfast or lunch to make enough allowance for a larger dinner. Now I find myself feeling excited about food again and enjoying different options where before I would stick to same breakfast or lunch as the calories were predictable. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not eating lots of high calorie foods all the time but I don’t have the stress of worrying because I decided to have a higher calorie wrap for lunch.

I have been losing weight and I have realised this could be because I’m more relaxed around food. I am not stressing about my food choices which I think plays a big part.

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I've tried light food play before, very interesting. Especially frozen stuff.