Awesomely cheap and Vitamin Packed Burritos from Scratch

Options
Simple Flour Tortillas: Makes 18-24 Depending on size and thickness you roll them to.

4 Cups Flour (any kind of flour. I used an oat flour and all purpose mix)
1 Teaspoon salt
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
3 Tablespoons Lard, Margarine (or anything else with a similar consistency)
1 1/2 cups water

Mix all the dry ingredients together, I used a wire whisk to blend it all together. Add lard or margarine and mix by hand, pinching and mixing until your dry ingredients resembles something like cornmeal. Add water, mix it all up (may add water 1 tsp at a time until dough is just formed)

Break into 18-24 even balls and roll them out on a lightly floured surface to your preferred thickness.

Heat a large pan on medium low heat (no oil needed). Place tortillas one at a time on pan, watch for small bubbling to occur and then flip, browning lightly.

I set mine on a glass plate in a stack and then used another glass plate over top of them and it kept the tortillas nice and warm and moistened ever so slightly from their own steam.

Mexican Rice Filler:

4 Cups Rice of choice (non instant works best)
8 ounces tomato sauce
3 Cups Chicken broth
3 Cups Water
2 cups of small diced tomatoes (if using cans, no need to drain)
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped peppers of choice
2 cans beans of choice (I use 1 can of black and 1 can of red)
1 can sweet corn

(Honestly, you can use any veggies you want or even none at all, depending on your tastes)

Salt to taste and I ALWAYS use a bit of Cayenne until I get it just hot enough for me. Cheese is also a great addition to have on hand in case someone wants it, shredded as well as sour cream.

Mix everything in a large pan or even a crock pot would work great if you want to make it up ahead of time. Heat to boiling on medium high heat, stirring often. Then reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for about 30 minutes making sure to stir every so often. Could take a bit longer or less time. For me it took 20 minutes and then I let it sit for another 10 minutes covered off the heat so the rice could absorb remaining juices.

This made A LOT!!! I fed 7 people to the stuffing point and will have more than half left for the rest of the week. I don't have the nutrition facts, but I do have my cost for the huge supper..... $13 for one killer meal that would easily feed 14-16 people comfortably.

Complete meal from start to finish and including prep time was 1 hour 15 minutes. Hope you all enjoy!!