just can't believe it

Options
I think I am meant to be fat and happy! LOL I used to be small when I was a teenager, but as soon as I turned 19, it all went down hill. I started to gain weight very quickly. I am 70lbs. heavier. I did lose 25lbs. a few months ago, I think I have gained 5lbs. back. I will be starting my Turbo Jam shortly again, after my aunt flow. I need to lose like 60lbs still!!!! This is going to be a long road!

Replies

• amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    You can do it! It is a long road but so worth it when you reach your goal:) You've come to a great place for motivation and support. Feel free to add me as a friend for support - i lost 60 pds over the past couple years (lots of failing and starting again the first year) and just finally reached my goal last month - I was the ultimate couch potato with no self discipline - if I can do it I know you can too! Best of luck, stick with it, don't let bad days make you give up, a little hard work and a lot of patience will get you there!
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    I have had the same feeling for a couple of years -- once I hit my mom's weight, I figured that was where I was meant to be. But I have to say, after losing only ten pounds (not even close to goal), I already feel so much better and have more energy that I'm getting more motivated and believing that I can be thinner and that I deserve it. So do you! Good luck. You can really do this! We're all here for you.
  • freightdiva
    freightdiva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Unfortunately I am not a believer that fat and happy can be in the same sentence!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Unfortunately I am not a believer that fat and happy can be in the same sentence!

I couldn't agree more. A couple my wife and I are close friends with used to tell us that are "happily fat". I was very fit at that time and tried to tell them there are other choices they can make, but again they just spout out the happily fat stuff. And indeed they were some happy people and we had a lot of good times together. I don't see them too much anymore they moved about an hour away, but the wife can't get around without one of those scooter things, has diabetes and several other ailments, and the husband had to take an early retirement to take care of her. They are both only in their early 50s. Not so happy anymore I'm sure. I'm determined too not wind up like that.