Gods Love Teaches US All

Options
Recently I had a break through with my eating habits. For a long time I really thought I loved myself and I just had a monster in my head that would push me to binge i.e. deflection. I finally came to the realization that if I truly loved myself and understood my self worth I wouldn't be destroying my body as I have been over the last 15 years of my life. I loved food more than myself. It was a sick and disturbing notion...but as I have been getting closer in my relationship with God, he has shown me what love truly is and how much he loves me. Once I came to this realization I was able to begin to say no, I don't need that right now or eat things in moderation. And the most amazing thing is I don't feel like a depraved animal any longer! After awhile of dieting, I would begin to look at food with a blood lust that was absolutely disgusting. I'm just being honest. For example, one of my binge days I went to chipotle (burrito), McDonalds (burger and fries), and had a brown plus another place for ice cream all within the same hour. I had to dig deep within me to really figure out what was wrong in my soul. Needless to say, It's amazing what God can do in the midnight hour because now all those things have changed, for the better.

I just wanted to share my testimony with someone who might be dealing with more than a weight issue. This chain of addiction can be broken! And I ask God in the name of Jesus to be with anyone who is reading this and knows of what I speak. Amen. Be blessed

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I totally believe in a God and all, but he didn't cause me to get in shape. I did it. Nobody else gets credit. I'm very happy for you for finding something that works for you, though!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I totally believe in a God and all, but he didn't cause me to get in shape. I did it. Nobody else gets credit. I'm very happy for you for finding something that works for you, though!

...just like everything else in life?
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Bless you Starbella.
    I'm glad you found something that helps you.
    Also, remember this-when you restrict your calories too much-you will binge.
    Eat at a sensible deficit and you won't be starving yourself to the point of uncontrolled bingeing.
  • uconnwinsnc
    Options

I prefer to avoid religious discussions on the internet though, because I've yet to see someone say, "Hey, you know what, you're right!"
  • fourfancy
    fourfancy Posts: 4
    Options

I prefer to avoid religious discussions on the internet though, because I've yet to see someone say, "Hey, you know what, you're right!"

Your first version was very good.
  • uconnwinsnc
    Options

Your first version was very good.

Yeah but I just don't have the energy to keep it up and deal with anyone.
  • DANIELSARNIK
    Options
    Thank you for your testimony!! It has opened my eyes a little, I am just starting on a long climb uphill and I needed that message from our God :-) I just wanted to let you know that your story did help someone, I know from experience its good to hear that sometimes :-)