no food is satisfying?

Options
Everything I eat is not satisfying to me. I'll eat a large meal and still want more because it's not satisfying enough so I'll keep eating and eating. It's not a binge or anything, believe me I went through that phase in April. But just recently I have major cravings for things and I won't stop thinking about food unless I eat those cravings even if I'm not hungry. Anyone going through this/gone through this before? How do I break this phase? It's driving me insane!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary, so hard to offer advice...

What sort of foods are you eating? How's your protein and fats? Both are very satiating and help stave off cravings or that feeling of needing more food.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    ohheyyitsrenee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary, so hard to offer advice...

What sort of foods are you eating? How's your protein and fats? Both are very satiating and help stave off cravings or that feeling of needing more food.

I like to keep it on private due to days like these past few when I eat very high amounts of calories to the point where I am embarrassed for eating that much. But I get my proteins from chicken, greek yogurt or eggs. I don't eat much fats because I was getting it from peanut butter but it led to binges so I had to stop eating it. I also tried to eat nuts for fats but that led to binges as well.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I actually eat lots of greens, grilled mushrooms, cooked and raw veggies, and salad, when I feel like that. I usually feel better the next day. My weakness is for chocolate. If I get into a habit of eating it, then I want it more and more.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Your body may be needing something you're not getting. You actually do need a decent amount of fat in your diet, and other nutrients. The craving may not be for a specific food but for what that food provides.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    Your body may be needing something you're not getting. You actually do need a decent amount of fat in your diet, and other nutrients. The craving may not be for a specific food but for what that food provides.

I think it's fats because I really don't get much of it, I just don't know what other fats to eat besides peanut butter or nuts!
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    I actually eat lots of greens, grilled mushrooms, cooked and raw veggies, and salad, when I feel like that. I usually feel better the next day. My weakness is for chocolate. If I get into a habit of eating it, then I want it more and more.

SAME i love chocolate and once I start eating it I can't stop!!
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Not enough fat = Hormones go crazy which leads to binge and cravings.

It wont take one to see changes. Hormones take longer to react to any change in your diet.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Here's a good list of healthy fats for you:
    ◾Olive oil
    ◾Canola oil
    ◾Sunflower oil
    ◾Peanut oil
    ◾Sesame oil
    ◾Avocados
    ◾Olives
    ◾Nuts (almonds, peanuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, pecans, cashews)
    ◾Peanut butter
    ◾Soybean oil
    ◾Corn oil
    ◾Safflower oil
    ◾Walnuts
    ◾Sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin seeds
    ◾ Flaxseed
    ◾Fatty fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring, trout, sardines)
    ◾Soymilk
    ◾Tofu
  • AlishaRutledge25
    AlishaRutledge25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It could be that your lacking something. Or I know for me I have anxiety/depression and I think that contributes to A lot of over eating too! Just a thought.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    Not enough fat = Hormones go crazy which leads to binge and cravings.

It wont take one day or it to go away. Hormones take longer to react to any change in your diet.

What are some other fats I can eat though? I used to eat peanut butter everyday but I just can't do it anymore, or well I'm afraid to bring it back in due to past binges :/ my body went through a month of binging as active recovery due to under eating and having an eating disorder. So I basically eliminated all foods that triggered binges because my body would crave weird things like protein bars and peanut butter or trail mix. After I eliminated those foods, the binges stopped but ever since a week ago I've been eating a lot due to nothing being satisfying.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    ◾Olive oil
    ◾Canola oil
    ◾Sunflower oil
    ◾Peanut oil
    ◾Sesame oil
    ◾Avocados
    ◾Olives
    ◾Peanut butter
    ◾Soybean oil
    ◾Corn oil
    ◾Safflower oil
    ◾Walnuts
    ◾ Flaxseed
    ◾Soymilk
    ◾Tofu

Thank you for this!! Maybe i'll start eating avocado more, like putting it into my salads or something!
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    peanut butter always use to trigger a binge for me as well. I've learned I love almond butter just as much and I can it in moderation so I made the switch.
  • krissyb2424
    krissyb2424 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My recommendation would be to try and add in some coconut oil or grass fed butter/ghee. Really up these and cut out the sugar...
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    It could be that your lacking something. Or I know for me I have anxiety/depression and I think that contributes to A lot of over eating too! Just a thought.

I know I am lacking something, my diet is really out of whack and I've been trying to see a nutritionist but none are covered under my insurance :( I also do have anxiety and depression which could be a huge contributor.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I think it's fats because I really don't get much of it, I just don't know what other fats to eat besides peanut butter or nuts!

Toss your salad/veg in olive oil, cook with a bit of butter, eat tuna with oil instead of brine/springwater, eat chicken thigh instead of breast...
    Fat is NOT the enemy, you actually need it for a large variety of bodily functions.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    ◾Olive oil
    ◾Canola oil
    ◾Sunflower oil
    ◾Peanut oil
    ◾Sesame oil
    ◾Avocados
    ◾Olives
    ◾Peanut butter
    ◾Soybean oil
    ◾Corn oil
    ◾Safflower oil
    ◾Walnuts
    ◾ Flaxseed
    ◾Soymilk
    ◾Tofu

Thank you for this!! Maybe i'll start eating avocado more, like putting it into my salads or something!

Yep or just pour a little olive oil over your salad or add some cheese
  • krissyb2424
    krissyb2424 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ◾Olive oil
    ◾Canola oil
    ◾Sunflower oil
    ◾Peanut oil
    ◾Sesame oil
    ◾Avocados
    ◾Olives
    ◾Peanut butter
    ◾Soybean oil
    ◾Corn oil
    ◾Safflower oil
    ◾Walnuts
    ◾ Flaxseed
    ◾Soymilk
    ◾Tofu

I know this post was to be helpful, but from my all my research, it is so sadly misinformed.

Check this out...

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Bulletproof-Diet-Infographic.pdf
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    peanut butter always use to trigger a binge for me as well. I've learned I love almond butter just as much and I can it in moderation so I made the switch.

The sad part is, I was able to have like 7 different jars of peanut butter in my house and be able to eat just the serving size everyday for so long!! Then once I went through a phase of binging I just can't keep it in the house. I'm afraid I'll do the same with almond butter :(
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Bacon. Bacon grease. Olive oil. Butter. Cream. Fatty meats. Egg yokes. This is where I get my fats from.

Seriously. Eat some bacon. Like a blt with 8 pieces of bacon fried in the bacon grease. It's good for you :)
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Options
    Bacon. Bacon grease. Olive oil. Butter. Cream. Fatty meats. Egg yokes. This is where I get my fats from.

Seriously. Eat some bacon. Like a blt with 8 pieces of bacon fried in the bacon grease. It's good for you :)

Had a BLT today actually!! To bad I was still craving so much food after it :(