what do you put on your veggies?

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
So I love my veggies but not sure what to do with them. Usually I sautee them in some garlic, olive oil, with some basil and all seasoning. It's getting old. I need to start steaming more! So my question is what do you put on your steamed veggies or if you have any veggie recipes. I love red & green pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, celery, zucchini

Replies

• countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I usually sautee mine in the o calorie butter and garlic salt. It's my favorite.
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If I steam them I usually just add a little salt and pepper and leave them alone. ocassionally, if I have leftover calories, I will add a little cheese, just to give more flavor.
  • sharonuk10
    Options
    Steamed and then nothing added. Au Naturale for me. They taste yummy without anything!! Only veg I put something on is my steamed, boiled or baked potatoes.
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I steam my veggies and use lemon juice a tiny bit of sea salt and cracked pepper or make a low calorie weight watchers peanut sauce sometimes to drizzle on top. I also eat my veggies raw and just dip them in a little bit of hummus or the Kraft low fat asian sesame dressing. I also like to saute them with a low sodium soy sauce and ginger. Hope these suggestion sound as good to you as they are to me :)
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    Little bit of Adobo seasoning, it's basically garlic, salt, and pepper. Just a little because of the sodium
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    My mouth.

That's about it.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love to use the Salt Free McCormick Mediterranean Seasoning. I don't salt a lot of stuff. I like all the Mrs. Dash stuff, it is salt free. With that you don't even know there is no salt.
  • thelgeson
    Options
    I steam mine. (LOVE my nuwave oven!) I use balsalmic or sometimes just top with sunflower seeds. Hummus is good. And I've done a Almond Butter or raw peanut butter reduction cooked on the stove with almond vanilla soy milk.
  • hingebre
    Options
    I like to microwave broccoli, squash, and cauliflower, steam green beans and yams, boil or saute carrots, and grill zucchini, bell peppers, and yellow squash. No matter how I cook my veggies I either eat them plain or add a little 0 calorie spray butter and a little salt. So delish!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I will use seasonings on steamed/microwaved vegies, but 90% of the time I leave them alone. When I do asparagus though I like a splash of lemon juice and just a touch of butter. If I am doing a stir fry then of course I use the normal seasonings for the stir fry (garlic & lite soy). On rare occasions I will sprinkle a bit of cheese on broccoli or cauliflower.