Exercise after birth

Options
iamdee28
iamdee28 Posts: 18 Member
My baby is 5 months and I still feel like I can't run. I just don't want to damage anything down there iykwim. Floors can be strengthened but as soon as there is a prolapse it cant be fixed without surgery. This was my 3rd birth and I just don't want to risk it, but I don't loose weight without running no matter what I do. Any new Mums finding it hard being held back from what you know you have to do to loose weight?

Replies

• 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I am 2 weeks PP after a C-section so I am not cleared yet to exercise but I hope to get back into running. I love trail running especially. Until I am cleared for more strenuous exercise, I am walking 4-5K a day w the stroller and aiming for a total of 20K per week. I am planning to gradually increase my speed and I am hoping that this will prepare me for running later on. For now, I get plenty tired just from a moderate pace walk but day by day, it will get better.

I think medically, there should be no reason not to run 5 months PP. Do you get any particular sensations when you try that makes you worried?

Feel free to add me, I am looking for new MFP friends w small babies who are motivated to get back into shape.