Howdy from a Marmite Loving, Psychiatric Comedian!!!

Options
? Well I'm Neil - Psychiatric Nurse from the U.K.

Love comedy, and I do spoof stuff myself on youtube - I love to have a laugh.

I'm a typical 'yoyo' dieter and have been for some time - done VERY well in the past - lost 4 Stones in weigh at one point.

Although doing pretty well previously, I am awaiting surgery for an epigastric hernia... this means that I've had to 'jack in' a pretty vigorous exercise regime (arranged by a Personal Trainer at the gym) and become a 'couch potato' - that combined with feeling down has lead to the old 'emotional eating' thing.

So... I went to see a dietician for the first time in my life in order to get support and advice. Add a dash of motivation and I'll get there.

My ulimate goal - is to get down to 14 Stone (I'm 18:3 at the moment), and when it happens, have a go at snowboarding which I've always wanted to do

Look forward to chatting!

:smile:

Replies

• kplume74
    Options
    Hi - I am from NY and just learned last week what a Stone is. Had dinner with some colleagues from work and one of the Human Resource girls from the UK was here. So now I can say 4 stones is very good. Good Luck
  • Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    Options
    Nice to meet you Kplume.

Crazy all this 'Stone Vs KG' stuff lol, at work we use KG for measuring, yet I've always known it in stones and pounds... most UK folk do I reckon.

:smile:
  • DonnaMaas
    Options
    I am from North Carolina and I have no idea what a stone is LOL!!!!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not from the UK originally but am living here. Have lost a couple stone since moving in with my husband and gaining a stone. :) Good luck with everything. DonnaMaas, a stone is 14 pounds. Wii fit measures in stones over here, for some reason!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    WELCOME! You can do this!!!

We'll have to compare notes about how we feel about snowboarding (I will also be trying it for the first time).

Charmagne
  • Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments folks! :smile:

My weight in Kilos is 115.6 apparently - I'll stick to Stones and Pounds though lol, I don't understand the other version :laugh:

As to the Snowboarding - yep, I'll def. keep you updated... neares I got to it was the Shaun White game for the Wii using the 'Balance Board' - it's great because you don't get to feel the cold!

:laugh: