New to FitnessPal

Options
Hi all!

My name is Jillian and I am from CT. I have been on the weight loss rollercoaster for about 4 years now, battling the same 25 lbs.

I've tried tracking activity and foods with other programs but I am at a plateau now. I am hoping that by changing the way I look at nutrition I can kick up my weight loss. 8 lbs to go!

From the time I was 3 into college, I danced....a lot. In middle school and high school, I was at the dance studio 6-7 days a week! When I stopped dancing, I started gaining. Now I have trouble finding the time, money, and appropriate studio to continue dancing so I'm looking for alternatives. I just began running. My goal is to finish the Thanksgiving Day 5K with my gym this year. I haven't thought much beyond that yet. I love Zumba because I get to use my dancing but I can't always make it to class and my gym only offers it on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. I hate weight training but really think I need to incorporate it into my workouts to get rid of my wiggly arms and jiggly thighs! :laugh:

I got married in July and we will be honeymooning in November. :heart: I want to be in my best condition ever and have a solid exercise routine before we have kids so I can jump back into it after birth, lose the baby weight quickly, and set good healthy examples for my future children.

Ok did I babble enough? :happy: Here we go!!

Replies

• focusqueen
    Options
    hi people! my name is anna, im 36 and i joined last night...i was surfing the internet TRYING TO find something to hold me accountable & beable to b linked to facebook so i could hold myself accountable with my friends as well...i have always wanted to compete in a fitness competition but havent had the disclipline to get under 24% bf...so i so super duper excited, i found a competition Aug 20. 299 days away.. im excited about this new journey! good luck to EVERY1 concerning their goals :)
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP (both of you!) This site it totally addictive and has the most AMAZING people for support!! We can totally do this!!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    It is a really good website, find a group on here that matches your goals! so far it has helped motivate me!
  • humhreys
    Options
    hi my name is paula,a friend has been doing this diet and has lost 3stone ,so here iam hoping i will do the same!!.
    it gets harder to lose weight as you get older thats what i think anyway.
    so this is my first day iam in the right frame of mine at the moment as summer is on its way and the new year meeting family i haven't seen for 2 years so i would like to be a little toned and slimmer. :)
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all three of you! I've only been here a week and love the website. Good luck!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Hi, tiny dancer!

I'm ALSO a former dancer. I was lucky and found a 'casual' studio here in Buffalo that offers adult classes and does not require a recital. There's nothing like dancing. I feel like I'm flying, I'm busting @ss and I don't even THINK about the fact that I'm getting a workout.

Since you're coordinated, have you thought about fitness classes at your local Y (or local gym)? Zumba, latin aerobics, hip-hop aerobics, etc can all feed your inner-dancer.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Charmagne
  • Maitlyn
    Maitlyn Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....this is an awesome website that will help keep you motivated. Everyone on this site is extremely helpful and supportive. :smile:
  • mommajen89
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to MFP as of this week. I haven't met anyone on here just yet but I know that I will. I've heard great things about MFP and the awesome support system here!

For the past month I have been doing everything I can to change the way I have always done things....including losing the coke, sweet tea and coffee I was drinking everyday. All I've been drinking for the last 3 weeks is water....it gets a little boring but it will be worth it in the end!

I have a very supportive husband and 2 beautiful girls who are my cheerleaders :o) (my baby is to young to cheer me on right now hahaha!!!) My mother is also a big support system for me as well. We are both working on losing our "excess baggage" right now LOL

So far I"ve lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks. I still have a ways to go but I am on a mission and nothing is going to stop me!

I hope everyone is having a great day so far!!!

~Jenn