I have a feeling

Options
that when I weigh in tomorrow I will be disappointed and not have lost anything but no fear because I feel that my a** area in my slacks are now looser! :)

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    what your clothes say, is way more important than what the scale says.
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Google the article "Why The Scale Lies"
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Here's the link I found upon googling "why the scale lies." Very interesting read. This one's getting bookmarked for tomorrow when this question comes up again.

http://www.skwigg.com/id12.html
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Something I keep in mind when I'm not happy with the number on the scale:

My main goal is to be relaxed and non-obsessive about what I eat and about moving my body. As a former obsessive, I frequently have to combat getting stuck mentally on the ‘small stuff’. Case in point:

When I weigh in and see a number that I’m not happy with (it ‘should’ be lower after how hard I worked this week/how little salt I ingested/how awesome my workouts were/*insert your reason for not liking the number on the scale*), I ask myself if there was a time, ANY TIME, in the past that I would have been thrilled to see this VERY SAME number on the scale.

As a former wearer of a size 20 and a former weigher of 230 lbs, the answer is always “Yes”.

This number would have made me happy two weeks ago/one month ago/one year ago. I refuse to let this number not make me as happy today as it would have made me in the past.

Charmagne