Ladies with HRM, Question for you

Options
maQmIgh
maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
Hi ladies,

I have a Bluetooth HRM from Runtastic... It has been a god send for the last year, but...
I started the 60 day Insanity workout last week, and my HRM keeps loosing my heart rate... I don't know if it's an issue with HRM or with my boobs as I'm jumping around like a deranged kangaroo.

Has anyone else had this issue? (The HRM still tracks when I go for a run without an issue, but when I try to track Insanity.. The HRM goes insane rather than me)

If you have had this problem, how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance

Xxx

Replies

• maQmIgh
    Options
    Bump
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I have a polar heart rate monitor and when the heart rate is not picked up it means that I need to wash the strap. The strap is rinsed and air dried after each use and usually work well regardless of activity.
  • rksimmons
    rksimmons Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the polar HRM as well. I find that if I am really sweating a lot, it will lose the connection that it needs. Any other time, mine is fine. Sometimes I can wipe under it and it picks back up and other times I have to stop it and restart it. Maybe its a good thing when it stops bc that means you are working really hard! :)
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I found that to get a reliable reading during activities where I bounce a lot I need to tuck the strap under my sports bra and it seems to help keep it where it belongs.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Make sure the strap is tight and both the skin and strap are wet.
  • maQmIgh
    Options
    Thanks guys,

I've been meaning to give the strap a wash (normally do it once every 2 weeks) but that was before using it for Insanity everyday)
    I will give this a try and see if it fixes it.
    My sports bra sits on top of the strap during normal workout activities, but I'm thinking it may catch the strap with the aerobics style exercise.

Many thanks for your thoughts
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I find whenever I bend over to do an exercise, the Polar HRM will show "00" on occasion. You just have to make sure it is in the right area, the strap is damp enough and that it is secure enough