Can you eat fatty food and still lose weight?

Options
I was wondering if its possible regularly eat some high carb, high sugar, high fat food, stay within calorie limit set by mfp and still lose weight? I know this is not healthy, but I was just wondering.

Replies

• SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Yes completely possible.
    As long as you are eating the correct total calories, you will lose weight :smile:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Why is it not healthy? If the question is "can I eat my calories only in butter, covered in chocolate and sprinked with sugar" then the answer is you still can lose weight as long as you still count calories, but most probably you will end up ill for reasons not related to weight. If the question is "can I fit the occasional ice cream, sauce, pizza, chips or whatever in my eating plan and still lose weight and be healthy", absolutely!
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sure. Pre-log and work it in if you want to give it a go.
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if its possible regularly eat some high carb, high sugar, high fat food, stay within calorie limit set by mfp and still lose weight? I know this is not healthy, but I was just wondering.
    You can eat slabs of butter with icing sugar and still lose weight so long as you are in a calorie deficit.

(If only it were that easy hahaha)
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    As long as you are also getting plenty of protein and fibre as well I don't see why not.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    You'll be sacrificing the nutrients that fruits, veggies and proteins provide, which means you won't be at your best. And without the fiber associated with fruits and veggies, you would likely feel hungrier. You would have to practice a lot more self control.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Why do you think High Carb is fatty food? What a strange concept.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    If you don't have any medical condition you can try that.....
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You'll be sacrificing the nutrients that fruits, veggies and proteins provide, which means you won't be at your best. And without the fiber associated with fruits and veggies, you would likely feel hungrier. You would have to practice a lot more self control.

How so lots of High fat food has protien, lots of fruit is high sugar content and high carb content gives you energy etc.

fat makes you feel satiated, carbs give you energy
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes. To lose weight people can eat anything they want as long as the calories are low. But, as some foods are hard to fit into that plan, most people start changing food choices.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great!

As I'm currently working in India, I wanted to taste and enjoy indian food once a day at least. As most of the indian food available to me at the hotel is either slobbered in ghee, deep fried or carb overload, I was wondering If I can eat that regularly (but maybe have a super healthy lunch) and still lose weight.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    As someone who has spent quite a bit of time in India (my husband's family is there) it's actually healthier to eat outside of hotels. I'd go for street foods as they tend to make them right in front of you and use fresher ingredients. The only time I've gotten ill in India was eating in a hotel but never eating street food or food in small local restaurants. And most of the food isn't slobbered in ghee or deep fried.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hard to get an accurate calorie count at a hotel as well. Do you have a scale and do you log your food regularly. You may not be at a deficit if you aren't.

Try to enjoy yourself, but watch your portions would be my advice. Good luck :)
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    As someone who has spent quite a bit of time in India (my husband's family is there) it's actually healthier to eat outside of hotels. I'd go for street foods as they tend to make them right in front of you and use fresher ingredients. The only time I've gotten ill in India was eating in a hotel but never eating street food or food in small local restaurants. And most of the food isn't slobbered in ghee or deep fried.

Thanks for this. But the problem is, my work is paying for my acvomodation and food in the hotel.
  • cmhoy71
    cmhoy71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    a downside might be that these foods are energy dense!?!?!? less volume, more energy. so . . . while being in intake deficit is the key, you might find you get hungry because your stomach isn't as full!?!?!?!? Your daily intake could be one big Kentucky Fried Chicken meal! Or a tub of icecream! But . . . what would you eat for the rest of the day??????? I would get hungry again and not be able to hold out. I guess that's why a balance is important - energy dense tasters balanced with less energy dense foods.

just roughly . . . . .

10 dry roasted almonds = a cup of raw carrots.= 1 chicken mcnugget= 2 cups raw broccoli