Heart Rate monitor

Options
Just wondering what a good chest strap heart rate monitor is? I need one that tracks calories burned while i do insanity and/or P90x.

Replies

• lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT 7 and love it! It tracks calories, and time spent in the fat burning zone vs fitness zone. It's also waterproof so you can even wear it in the pool! I programmed it in about five minutes and have been using it with every workout since May. It has been a huge help in making my goals. I was also surprised to learn so much from the fat burning zone/ fitnesszone feature. Reg price is 110.00 you can get them at ****'s or Sports Authority.

Good luck with insanity!
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    I love love love my Polar F7...don't know how I ever lived without it!!!
  • deborahkidd
    deborahkidd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes the Polar F7 is awesome. I like the way it give you a little man for every 10 minutes you are in your heart rate zone.
  • JulianAdlam
    Options
    I have an old Polar F11. Would not do a workout without it. Always use the calories burned to enter onto my Exercise page. The saved workout results is a big plus.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I bought the Sportline DUO 1025. Took me 3 days to figure out how to program it for Gender. I STILL have no idea how to get to the other 20 functions it supposedly had. Should have stuck with my gut and purhcased the Polar!
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I use this transmitter:

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/polar-wind.html

It has a replaceable battery, while most of the others do not.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    OK reading is fundamental. LOL I just figured out how to read the darn thing and apparently, i cheated myself out of exercise calories last week, which resulted in a weight loss (less calories I saw, the less I ate). Humph. Maybe I don't hate this thing afterall. Operator error is hilarious. :D
  • Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 and I love it. FT60 tracks heart rate and calories, and its training program calculates training zones based on your current level of fitness. The FT60 will also tell you if you are working too hard or need to speed it up. Like the other post suggested. You can change the battery (no need to send to manufacturer.) Both the watch and strap is water proof. I also use to foot pod (Pedometer) I love my Polar.