how do you stop from snacking? LOL

Options
:ohwell:
I find myself snacking at work and I don't want to but I get so hungry!! Grrrrrrrrr

Replies

• pellenga
    pellenga Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I dont stop... I just make better choices.... Like I picked up container of precut fresh fruit at Kroger this morning. Or I eat wheat thins..but only allow myself 1 serving.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I imagine it must be hard to stop snacking when you have constant temptation, such as a workplace. Since I am at home all day with my kids, I try to make sure the temptations are NOT there. Drink plenty of water, and I replace unhealthy snack options with quick, healthy choices. Or diet coke. If I need something sweet, diet coke always does the trick!! :)
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Try a hot beverage w/your small snack. I find it helps make me feel fuller longer. Also, make sure you plan for your snacks. Don't just let them happen. It's is tough, I know.:smile:
  • sessaleigh
    Options
    Actually snacking is the way to be! Just, you know, not sugary junk foody stuff. Snacking will keep that metabolism up and prevent your body from eating muscle.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Keep snacking! Just snack on nutritious foods! Fruit and a little protein.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I hear ya - I love snacks, but I have to be 'prepared'. Like yogurt w/ a small amount of nuts, or an apple would be good. Baby carrots and hummus. If I don't have healthy stuff on hand I might go forage for a bag of chips! (of crisps for those you across the pond)!
  • Supa817
    Supa817 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Snacking is good and neccessary!! (especially working all day) You just have to make better snacking choices so you don't spend all your calories snacking. I snack ALL the time on things like apple slices, almonds and walnuts (100 cal pak), protien shakes, fiber plus bars and hummus.

Every once and a while I'll have a not so healthy snack like baked chips, a cookie or two... and just today I discovered Honey Nut Chex Mix (so good!) I keep my portions under control but I don't like to deprive myself and feel like I "can't" have something. For me it's all mental.
  • Ford4x4lady
    Options
    thanks for the topic.
    I have the same problem.. but on top of it.. I work in a kitchen so I have
    food around all the time..
    I get those snack sized ziplock bags & plan all my snacks out...
    that way they are portioned to help - if you already have the snacks
    that are good for you & better choices.. it makes it easier.
    I love crystal light & will drink a lot of that or water at all times.
    good luck :) you are doing great!
  • SunySyde
    Options
    I am doing the reverse diet. I havent changed from eating what I like per se, I just have what I would have had for dinner for breakfast...most days I have to remind myself to eat lunch. I have a regular lunch, then breakfast food (i.e cereal, eggs, bacon) for dinner.

Also, dont know if this has been mentioned but try drinking water, we sometime mistake hunger for thirst.
  • Pandemonium
    Options
    :ohwell:
    I find myself snacking at work and I don't want to but I get so hungry!! Grrrrrrrrr

Snacking is not a bad thing, you just have to do it smart.

I find that having my meals and snacks at the same time helps with the cravings. Also, making sure to eat protein with every meal will help keep you full and from having snack cravings. You can also try eating mini meals being at about 300 cals throughout the day.

Drinking lots of water also help reduce hunger, as well as chewing a piece of gum if you find that you are eating too many bad snacks.

I hope that helps.

Good luck!