Feeling foolish and so frustrated

Options
I just need to vent. A couple of weeks ago I came back from a week in New Orleans for Jazzfest. Husband and I are huge foodies, so we stayed active (walked a ton, rented bikes, I took yoga classes) but enjoyed the NOLA food scene for sure. I'm a fitness instructor and I teach 10+ classes a week, so I figured when I got back to town, went back to my old food routine and workout schedule that any weight I would gain would come back off. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. I waited a week after we left as to not freak out over any water weight etc. Well TWO weeks back and I'm still 6 pounds up. It is not coming off. I typically teach 2 a day at least and I do it with them...I'm also in yoga training so most days I'm doing 75 minutes of yoga too. Back to eating exactly the same. Not even an ounce will budge.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!

I'm not sure if any advice could be given, but has this happened to anyone else? I mean, I will TAKE advice. LOL. I feel like my body is happy at this new weight and won't let it go. I am NOT comfortable here. I feel like I can't let go at all, or I pay for it which is a crap feeling. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• GeorgiFett
    GeorgiFett Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have your measurements changed or stayed the same?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Silly question, but if you're eating exactly the same as you were before NOLA, and you were maintaining then, doesn't that mean you're eating at maintenance now? That may explain the extra pounds not budging?

ETA: I friggen LOVE New Orleans - I could never live there, I'd end up in a motorised baby whale sling for transport...
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Something somewhat similar happened to me. Jan-Feb of this year I worked diligently and lost 8 lbs. Then I had ONE bad weekend (pizza one night, Chinese food the next). I shot back up 5 lbs. I figured that it wasn't a true gain, as how could it be? Surely I didn't consume 5 lbs worth of calories with two bad dinners. Well, a week later the gain was still there. What, how, why, I don't know. I was so discouraged I caved and just gave up for awhile. Still don't understand what happened...
  • madamchoochoo
    madamchoochoo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I got married, went on honeymoon but trained and was pretty healthy... 1 week later we got back, up 10lbs!,,I thought it would fall off but no, 7 weeks later and it's still here! Massively depressing.....
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Silly question, but if you're eating exactly the same as you were before NOLA, and you were maintaining then, doesn't that mean you're eating at maintenance now? That may explain the extra pounds not budging?

ETA: I friggen LOVE New Orleans - I could never live there, I'd end up in a motorised baby whale sling for transport...

Haha. Yo, I would be 500 pounds. I was maintaining, but maintaining 6 pounds lighter.....but I'm always still at a deficit...so I gotta go back into full diet/low cal mode?
  • sbristol26
    sbristol26 Posts: 2
    Options
    Your body may be at a plateu try and shock it ! switch things up a bit but dont stress yourself too much
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    Have your measurements changed or stayed the same?

waist is up an inch. Didn't have the gall to check my hips. I can see in the mirror. There is width. LOL. And less definition.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options

Haha. Yo, I would be 500 pounds. I was maintaining, but maintaining 6 pounds lighter.....but I'm always still at a deficit...so I gotta go back into full diet/low cal mode?

But even if you were 6 lbs. lighter, you weren't gaining or losing, so that calorie amount is maintence, regardless, right? So you should deduct 250 cals/day to lose a half pound a week. Then when you lose the 6, you can go back to where you were. I don't think that you could "always be at a deficit" if you weren't losing, technically.
  • graysmom2005
    Options

But even if you were 6 lbs. lighter, you weren't gaining or losing, so that calorie amount is maintence, regardless, right? So you should deduct 250 cals/day to lose a half pound a week. Then when you lose the 6, you can go back to where you were. I don't think that you could "always be at a deficit" if you weren't losing, technically.

I have a couple of things going on....my body is unfortunately used to this crazy amount of activity...and I think my hormones are wack. I should be losing at 16-1700 calories when working out 2-3 times a day...but I haven't had a period in almost 150 days so there may be some other stuff at play here. I'm going to pull back a bit more, and see if that can't make a difference.
    Thanks.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, may be time for a trip to the Dr. Good luck!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I hear you and feel the pain...it's not getting any easier as times goes by...:(
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    As INSANE as this sounds, I taught/had to take 4 classes yesterday and I cut back my carbs a bit...and I was hoping as a motivator I would see even an ounce difference. Even if it was water. Exactly the same. I know....it was a day....that's bananas to be annoyed....but it is the same weight for a week of tons of exercise and weighing/measuring/tracking all food. Not an ounce. Why won't it go back down to normal? How is it possible to gain 6 solid pounds in less than a week? This is so frustrating.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Any possibility of pregnancy?
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    Hahaha. NO! My period has been gone so long I would be showing by now. LOL. It all came on after the NOLA trip. No babies! :laugh: