Flavoured Water Recipes

Options
Tryxxie2013
Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
Hi all,

I've seen a few posts on here about people hating water, but not much help on what to do about it.

I have a really hard time drinking my required allotment when it comes to water because I get sick of it so quickly. At the moment, I flavour them with things like Mio & Dasani drops, which I know are far from good for you, due to all of the artificial sweetners and stuff. I also flavour my water with lemon & lime on occasion, but even that can get boring.

Does anyone have any recipes for flavoured water that are also good for you? I've heard of Sassy Water and I think I'll give that a try, but any and all ideas would be amazing.

Thanks,

Tryxx :flowerforyou:

Replies

• daviddjhonna
    Options
    Lately my facebook page has been filled with water flavoring recipees. The one I want to try is slicing up strawberries and kiwi and pitning that in my water, I think it said to let it sit for twenty four hours before drinking. I wonder if you can do a watermellon or even apple like that. I havent tried the recipees yet but it looks beyond easy. Just slice the fruit up, place in a pitcher or jar with water, and let sit for a while before drinking. quick fast and in a hurry once you get your supply going.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I add 1/2 cucumber and 3/4 lemon and let it sit overnight. I have also done just cucumber, and just lemon. And I want to try cucumber, lemon and lime, and then on any of them would like to try adding mint. I have tried sliced apples and a cinnamon stick which tasted great however once clumps of the cinnamon started floating in the water I was done lol. But it did taste really good so if you aren't weird like me and can handle seeing specs and stuff floating in your drink then thats a good one to try. Basically you can try just about any fruit you want that you like and let it sit for a while before drinking it.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Options
    Yeah, I guess it would be that simple when it comes to fruit, right? Thanks you two! And I don't think cinnamon pieces would bug me...but the again, who knows, right? :laugh:

I wonder what ingredients promote the best weight loss/digestion? I know ginger does it.
  • daviddjhonna
    Options
    Ginger and cinnamon are suppose to promote weightloss. Especially cinnamon......
  • ForCharlotte
    ForCharlotte Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This all sounds like great ideas...except the ginger I hate ginger lol. Gonna try these out asap! Thanks so much =)
  • Tryxxie2013
    Options
    Cinnamon is my most favourite thing in the world!!!! And it's very good for my diabetes...brings down blood sugar levels.