Don't Forget Your BLT's

Options
If there is one thing I learned from WW it would have to be making sure I count all my BLT's Bites Licks and Tastes. Because WOW they can sure add up in the day.

Your not evening thinking about it, and you see something and you give it a try... gotta count it.
Your cooking dinner and you want to make sure the flavor is just right, write it down.

Once I got used to keeping track of the BLT's I found I did it a lot less. Another positive outcome was that there was a more steady weight loss, I didn't find myself wondering ... where did I go wrong this week. I went back to my food diary and I knew! those darn BLT's.

Are you aware of all your BLT's.

Food for thought.
Cheers

WR

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!! :drinker:
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    LOL I hardly taste my food while cooking. Figure if they don't like it they can cook next time (and there's never a meal they don't like lol). I just cook, season, and serve.

I could see how it could add up though...especially for a chef or something...wow.
  • GrammiBarb
    Options
    Those little "taste tests" sure add up.

Especially when you have 8 grandchildren that love grandma's cookies!
  • maz123
    maz123 Posts: 63
    Options
    i'm a chef and thats where i probably going wrong. how do you count the calories for a lick of gravy tho or whatever?? i figure all the running around during the day that i do that i dont include in my exercise cancels this out...im probably very wrong tho. thanks for this
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Was I the only one who hoped we were talking about bacon?

I don't have to taste that much since most of my food comes from the microwave.
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options

I was hoping for it too....now BLT's sound yummy! I might have to make that for dinner one night :) mmmm....or maybe I'll just go fry a few pieces of bacon...lol.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

I was hoping for it too....now BLT's sound yummy! I might have to make that for dinner one night :) mmmm....or maybe I'll just go fry a few pieces of bacon...lol.

BLT with Turkey Bacon is good, on wheat bread. *drool*
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just came across this post and I was also wondering how you would input BLT into the system.
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just came across this post and I was also wondering how you would input BLT into the system.

it would likely have to be done by breaking it down, admittedly some things will be a lot easier to do. Some things have a 1 oz serving, just use the dropdown menu. Other things you might have to do 0.25 of a serving.

I suppose one could even make a "new food" and incorporated some very basic nutritional information.. call it BLT - sugar (bit licks tastes) for a sugar based blt something along those lines.

Very good question, when I get back from work this evening, I will see if I can make up a few blt scenarios. I think it would be worthwhile because when you start adding up your BLT's for a day it can definitely make an impact! I know it did for me before I learned through ww not to do it.

I'll work on it tonight,
    Cheers

WR
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this helpful post WhiteRaven, I think this might be one of the reasons I have not lost anymore weight and have just been maintaing. well that and the lack of exercise.
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this helpful post WhiteRaven, I think this might be one of the reasons I have not lost anymore weight and have just been maintaing. well that and the lack of exercise.

Your very welcome Stephr2014, ive been through the gamut did ww, made goal, worked for them even, then it all crept back :) So I am here, feel free to friend me :)

Cheers
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I will always remember what my WW leader used to say .. "If you nibble it, scribble it. If you bite it, write it"