Yummiest Healthiest Recipes!

Options
I am looking for your best tasting healthiest recipes.Pictures are a plus! Just recently came across a couple in the forums. I am beginning my weight loss journey again and would like to try out some new healthy meals! Thanks! Here is my recipe for Cabbage Soup.

Steph's Cabbage Soup

1 yellow Onion
3 Cloves Garlic
3 Ribs Celery
3 Whole Carrots
1 Bell Pepper
1/2-3/4 whole Cabbage-chopped
1 small jar mushrooms, drained, rised
1 can Low Sodium Beef Broth
2 16 oz bottles of water (about 4 cups)
1 envelope Beefy Onion Lipton Soup Mix
1 Lg. can Whole Peeled Tomatoes-No sodium added
1 can Garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed

Olive Oil
Beef Granules
Thyme
Crushed Rosemary
Cayenne Pepper
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Jalapeno Powder
Onion Mrs. Dash
Black Pepper

Dice onion, garlic, celery, carrots and bell pepper. Drain and rinse mushrooms and garbanzo beans. Add a couple tablespoons olive oil to stock pot and add diced veggies, mushrooms and garbanzo beans. Season with thyme,crushed rosemary, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, jalapeno powder, onion Mrs. Dash and black pepper. Saute until almost tender.

Add shredded cabbage cook on low until volume of cabbage decreases and the cabbage begins to get tender.
Add water, beef broth, pinch of beef granules, beefy lipton soup mix and can of tomatoes(do not drain).

Cook on low for about 30 minutes

Replies

• Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno Powder?//Why have I NEVER heard of this? Need to find. I use siracha like most people use ketchup.
  • Holly_penguin
    Options
    new thing for me is easy and very high in protein

1 box Jello sugar free (your choice of flavor)
    1 c skim or 1% milk
    1/2 cup greek non-fat yogurt
    1/2 cup fat free ricotta

I call it Jello Mousse. It hits the sweet spot, full of protein to fill you up. Am currently eating cheesecake flavor but have used chocolate, pistachio, butterscotch and white chocolate. A tsp of jelly or preserved swirled in a serving is alos yummy.
  • StephanieR88
    Options
    Jalapeno Powder?//Why have I NEVER heard of this? Need to find. I use siracha like most people use ketchup.

You have to order it online:)
  • StephanieR88
    Options

1 box Jello sugar free (your choice of flavor)
    1 c skim or 1% milk
    1/2 cup fat free ricotta

I call it Jello Mousse. It hits the sweet spot, full of protein to fill you up. Am currently eating cheesecake flavor but have used chocolate, pistachio, butterscotch and white chocolate. A tsp of jelly or preserved swirled in a serving is alos yummy.

Directions?
  • Holly_penguin
    Options

1 box Instant Jello sugar free (your choice of flavor)
    1 c skim or 1% milk
    1/2 cup fat free ricotta

Mix together in bowl and refrigerate until cold. It thickens almost immediately.
  • htebazil
    htebazil Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here are some recipes I like:

http://www.marthastewart.com/336865/healthier-meat-lasagna
    Big serving size and tasty!

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/01/smashed-chickpea-salad/
    Can be eaten over greens to save calories.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy...