Technology

Options
WanderingPomme
WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
20 years ago, I would have never thought that cellphones with cameras would be a normal thing, or even tiny tablets you can carry around! I never thought WiFi would be such a necessity! Heck, beepers/pagers amazed me back then. My Barbies were just plain Barbies and now they have Barbies with freakin cameras on them! WTF.

With technology evolving rapidly, I wonder if one day there would come a time where all the fitness trackers (FitBit, Garmin, Jawbone, Nike Fuel etc.) will be a thing of the past like beepers/pagers and would be replaced with something that could accurately track every single calorie you burn and every calorie you put in your mouth. Or maybe a future camera app that can analyze macros, micros, calories, weight etc of the food you're about to eat when you take a photo.

What do you think? Possible? Or far fetched?

What kind of fitness related technology would you like to see/have on the market that you'd pay serious $$$ for?

Replies

• potnoodlez
    potnoodlez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think a camera app that could show what you would look like in like a months time or years time if you keep going the way you are going or you could play around with your macros and it would show what you would look like, just to give you like a goal body you could work to. Give you more motivation to work towards the perfect body that you want.

Other than that i am happy with a bar and plates. :)

Oh and a squat rack !! haha..

I do love the squat rack

:)
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    Oh that would be totally awesome!! Something similar to what MFP has!

"If every day were like today... You'd look like

BUFF2.jpg
    :laugh:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    PAGE36.jpg

Totally possible. He uses his suppository finger to analyze calories burned at any given time. That's why his customers run so fast.
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Virtuix! It lets you play First Person Shooter games in a whole new way...

As a former hardcore gamer (and professional gamer), this is HUGE for me.

I don't know about you, but I want one really badly.

Here's a YouTube video in case you don't know what I'm talking about:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LnzuXqa740
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    PAGE36.jpg

Totally possible. He uses his suppository finger to analyze calories burned at any given time. That's why his customers run so fast.
    :laugh:
    Virtuix! It lets you play First Person Shooter games in a whole new way...

As a former hardcore gamer (and professional gamer), this is HUGE for me.

I don't know about you, but I want one really badly.

Here's a YouTube video in case you don't know what I'm talking about:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LnzuXqa740

Oh wow I just checked that out!! That's just brilliant! And yes, I now want one too!:laugh:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    ... I wonder if one day there would come a time where all the fitness trackers (FitBit, Garmin, Jawbone, Nike Fuel etc.) will be a thing of the past like beepers/pagers and would be replaced with something that could accurately track every single calorie you burn and every calorie you put in your mouth.

There already are next-gen devices like this that measure true respiratory caloric burn, skin temp and others, or even studies that measure TDEE through urine output using Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometer. But even so, most of the higher end untis test today are 75% to 90% accurate according to studies.

Looking to the future, the only way to get more immediate feedback will be to integrate technology INTO the body. So some may opt to have sensors and such implanted that are always active.

The question is, would you?
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    Interesting. That is thought provoking! Maybe I wouldn't mind trying it out for a few days and then take the damn chip out of me ASAP! Lol