Goodbye Wisdom Teeth!!!!

Options
jennie0918
jennie0918 Posts: 69 Member
So i just had all four wisdom teeth out yesterday and i'm absolutely starving, i'm not sure what to eat. I have been making protein shakes but i can't even drink with a straw and i made a milkshake. I've had apple sauce but it's really not filling.. any ideas on what to eat???

Also on a side note... i was thinking from eating this way I was gonna lose a couple pounds is that true or not really? .. i'm not allowed to work out for a week so i was hoping that eating such small amounts would help me lose weight?

Replies

• wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm having my out next month but eat what you can, drink plenty of water too is my theory.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I ate spaghettios - not so healthy.

Cream of Wheat, pudding, yogurt, mashed avocado, Popsicles, soup... After a few days I was able to eat soft bread.

I didn't lose weight - but like I said I ate spaghettios and cheddar cheese ruffles (suck on them a moment and they're nice and soft). Just concentrate on getting better though and worry about weight loss after you're feeling back to normal.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    my mom would make me scrambled eggs when I had mine out. Along with milk, ice cream, pudding, chicken noodle soup. My roommate's bf just got his tonsils out (which is 3x the recovery time) and has been making popsicle slushies with ginger ale, mac and cheese, gatorade, and bowls of ice cream. Its now been over a week and he had some soft brownies last night.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    You should be fine with anything soft for now. Move up to things you chew as soon as your jaw feels up to it. DON'T suck on anything until your sockets have completely healed or you're likely to be very sorry you did.

You'll lose weight if you keep under sedentary TDEE calories and maintain if you're right around TDEE. If not, you'll gain.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd avoid popsicles too... eating those makes weird things to your mouth.

I had 2 removed 3 weeks ago and nope, didn't lose anything, but it took me over a week for the pain to go away and be able to eat normally again.

Things I ate -

Egg salads (I chopped the eggs very small)
    Mashed carrots and mashed potatoes
    Refried beans
    A lot of protein shakes (no fruit sucked, but you can add fat free jello instant pudding powder and/or ricotta to make it thicker)
    Ground turkey and ground beef (not the first day though)
    Mac'n cheese (I got some at Boston Market. I should have made my own, so many calories)
    Greek yogurt
    Soup at room temperature (squash, can't have tomato)
    Cheesecake! I made some protein cheesecake, very filling, and there's no crust so easy to eat
    Jello
    Sausage
    Pancakes
    Packaged bread (not toasted)

Just make sure nothing is too hot.

I ate at goal pretty much every day except the first one (I was 400 under), but I didn't exercise for 4 days so it was pretty much maintenance for me (and ended up starving and going over when I started working out again).
  • Moosello
    Moosello Posts: 15
    Options
    Woo, I'm an expert in this territory because I was wired shut for 7 weeks after a car accident. You can blend just about near ANYTHING (trust me, I had cheese burger through a straw).
    My favs that wouldn't require a straw:

Cheesy tomato soup:
    - Canned tomato soup
    - Milk
    - Soft spreadable cheese to dissolve in the soup
    - Worcestershire
    - Chili powder (optional... probably shouldn't with the sockets open)

French onion soup from panera, throw some of that bread they give you in there and put it in a blender. It's delish.

As for soft foods, mac and cheese as well as mashed potatoes work!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I hope you are feeliing ok. Removing all 4 at once. Ugh. I'm having my last 2 wisdom teeth removed next Thursday, and then about a month later I have to have a baby tooth removed. Not looking forward to it!

Glad I stumbled on this post. Gives me lots of ideas on what to eat. The last time I had a tooth removed I made the mistake of using a straw. Won't do that again!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Woo, I'm an expert in this territory because I was wired shut for 7 weeks after a car accident. You can blend just about near ANYTHING (trust me, I had cheese burger through a straw).
    My favs that wouldn't require a straw:

Cheesy tomato soup:
    - Canned tomato soup
    - Milk
    - Soft spreadable cheese to dissolve in the soup
    - Worcestershire
    - Chili powder (optional... probably shouldn't with the sockets open)

French onion soup from panera, throw some of that bread they give you in there and put it in a blender. It's delish.

As for soft foods, mac and cheese as well as mashed potatoes work!

I was told not to have anything acidic either, so tomatoes are out sadly.