Not losing weight or inches..but seeing results?!

Maybe there is term for this that I just don't know about...

Last night, I completed Day 6 of the 30 Day Shred. This morning after 6 days (actually 8 days, I skipped two days), I have noticed that my stomach is getting flatter little by little and my back fat is smoothing out. YAY! But...I went to take my measurements and nothing has changed! My waist is still 27" and my lower stomach pouch is still 30". The only thing that changed is my arms (I gained half an inch). I hopped on the scale and I still weigh what I did when I started. How am I seeing results, but not losing any weight or inches? I'm confused...

Replies

• Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    May take longer as 6 days is not enough time (generally) to notice a real difference. A lot of people have said their weight barely changed during 30 DS but lost inches all over.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    I have had the same thing happen to me lately. The scale didn't change and the inches stayed the same but my clothes are baggier. I thought maybe it was just a mix up in the laundry but it's all my clothes! I'm guessing my measuring skills are not all that good.
  • ashnicbro
    ashnicbro Posts: 26 Member
    I have had the same thing happen to me lately. The scale didn't change and the inches stayed the same but my clothes are baggier. I thought maybe it was just a mix up in the laundry but it's all my clothes! I'm guessing my measuring skills are not all that good.

Thats what I'm thinking too! My stomach used to stick out in ALL my fitted shirts to the point I people thought I was pregnant. Now, you can barely see it! I KNOW i'm seeing a difference. Its not a big difference but Its there. Maybe i'm not measuring right either. IDK
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Maybe it's placebo effect? You think you see changes when there aren't yet. Keep going and the scale will move.
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member

Thats what I'm thinking too! My stomach used to stick out in ALL my fitted shirts to the point I people thought I was pregnant. Now, you can barely see it! I KNOW i'm seeing a difference. Its not a big difference but Its there. Maybe i'm not measuring right either. IDK
    You are correct in so far as only you know and understand your body, and if you notice difference there most probably is.
    Don't forget that you could easily have firmed up and built some muscles which may not show on a scale or a tape measure this soon.
    After 6 days the changes may be too subtle for measureable difference, however wait 6weeks and folks will go WOW.
    Best of luck with your efforts.
  • ashnicbro
    ashnicbro Posts: 26 Member

You are correct in so far as only you know and understand your body, and if you notice difference there most probably is.
    Don't forget that you could easily have firmed up and built some muscles which may not show on a scale or a tape measure this soon.
    After 6 days the changes may be too subtle for measureable difference, however wait 6weeks and folks will go WOW.

Thanks a lot!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member

Thanks a lot!!

OP....

Highly doubtful you "built muscles". You've been at it 6 days...

When you start a new workout regimine, or change the intensity of a current one, your body will retain water for repair. Once your body adjusts to the exercise the water will flush, and the scale will drop (if you were in a deficit).