Looking for a final start to my weight loss journey

Options
I have joined mfp and hopefully starting my final journey to significant weight loss. I need lots of support and hoping to find some on-line friends for just that purpose. I have been overweight most of my life and need to make this change to my life. I am a single mother of 2 young boys and struggle daily with depression and self-worth issues. That is why I am seeking support because I let my issues get in the way of eating healthy and I need to put an end to it. I'd love to hear from anyone who could be encouraging or who could relate to the battle of depression, self-worth and weight!

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    You have come to the right place! Just show your kids how "cool" this app/website it, it can be like a family game. And the bonus is that they get a better and better mom!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome. You have started the right way. This is a great site! Take it one day at a time. You will see small changes and feel better. I have 4 kids and it can be tough. My kids are all in high school now but I tended to put them first when they were younger and forgot about taking care of myself. I think a lot of women do that. It is great that you are working on yourself and you deserve it. Think of it as doing something good for your kids too so you are around longer for them. Good luck and you can add me as a friend if you want.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    WELCOME!

I can ABSOLUTELY relate! I've documented my struggles with food addiction and what I've learned and would be happy to share that with you. You may be able to relate. Let me know and I'll bump the threads for you.

YOU CAN DO IT! We're all in this together :)

Charmagne
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Welcome and goodluck on your journey. This site is awesome.