How do u stay motived during and after your workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    After not seriously working out for over 20 years, I've made it a priority. When I struggle, I think back on those 20 years and remember I have a lot of time to make up. Once I'm done, I'm done. There's lots of time to rest when it's finished.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I remember when I started I wanted to quit within 20 minutes. I hated exercising. Then I found walking, then power walking and aerobics. I listen to music and take off now. I have found that at about 35 minutes in I a get a "high" and do not want to stop. I aim for that high now. I am up at dawn and hitting the walking paths and let me tell you...it makes for a great way to start the day. I just got back and I am logging my exercise in.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I do strength training and I find progress to be very motivating. I can feel myself getting stronger - I can do an exercise better then I did it before, or the reps become easier, or a certain weight becomes easier. Last week I added a rep on the assistant chin-up machine. Once I get to 5 reps I'll start adding weight. Once one thing gets easier, I challenge myself with the next step up.