New, confused and need guidance!

Hello all!
So, I have 10-13 pounds to lose, not a lot but enough to be frustrating at only 5'-3" tall. I gained the pounds during an illness that ironically had me starved to being grossly thin - then I ate for strength and quick gain and due to the illness, simple carbs. Now I am out of shape and a few pounds to lose.

I am doing Medifast - I did it long ago with success for a loss of over 20 pounds. However, I have been doing it for 3 weeks and have not lost anything. As you may know, Medifast is very low calorie (1000 calories or less a day) and lower range carbs (100 or less a day). I am a diligent person, precise, and know how to measure and weigh quantities. I am not allowed to do the kind of cardio I used to which is why I have elected the MF plan. I do however walk and do work with small hand weights for strength. I try to do at least a 30-60 minute walk 3 times a week, sometimes I'll jump on an elliptical for 15 minute stints on the other days.

I have seen blog posts from people doing MFP, discussing eating back exercise calories based on the guidelines here, etc....so I decided to register to see if I can find the key to dropping these frustrating pounds.

Can anyone recommend the best way to get started here? I filled out the basics in the profile, my goal, created a ticker, etc. Is that all I need to do?

I look forward to giving and getting support here!!
J :)