Michael Thurmond's Six Week Body Makeover

Options
Has anyone tried this weight loss plan and had positive results? I am strongly considering trying it out.

Replies

• HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yep. I did this....and it is TOUGH. NO Salt, restricted foods and cooking meals for the week......BUT!...I lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks. The downside is that I put 20 back on because I went CRAAAAZZZZYYYY when I went to regular food and stopped exercising. The thing I don't like about it is that this program does not encourage exercising which I do think is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. This diet will have you losing the pounds quick but how many yo-yo because it is not realistic to stay on this forever.
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I agree with Holly. I also did this when it first came out. I had lost about 30lbs and felt good but once I started eating my regular foods I put that weight plus about 30 more back on. I did learn a few things from it. I now cook once or so a week so I have my meals all planned out but this time I am exercising and have been somewhat faithful in logging and I am losing and keeping it off.
    I like what I am doing on here so much better then just that plan....this keeps me accountable where the other didn't.

Good Luck on what you decide to do

Mary
  • mamma3monkeys
    Options
    I'm a body type A. Lost 120lbs in 8 months and it only came back with a lot of hard work eating a lot and eating high fat for a twin pregnancy and then nursing them for 2 years and missing my thyroid medication waaay too often. I'm back on it and I know I can make it to goal and keep it off this time. :D

and YES they do say exercise is critical. 80% of the weight loss is your food but 20% is your exercise. You have 2 days minimum of toning to do, and cardio that you should work up to doing at least 5x a week for 60 minutes. It's super critical in keeping it off when you hit goal too so you can't go skipping it and look fit. If you look at some of the people who have gotten chosen for a success story you can tell they work out.

It's a very sound plan and honestly i wouldn't do anything other because I KNOW I lose the weight on it.
  • mamato3babes
    mamato3babes Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm a body type A. Lost 120lbs in 8 months and it only came back with a lot of hard work eating a lot and eating high fat for a twin pregnancy and then nursing them for 2 years and missing my thyroid medication waaay too often. I'm back on it and I know I can make it to goal and keep it off this time. :D

and YES they do say exercise is critical. 80% of the weight loss is your food but 20% is your exercise. You have 2 days minimum of toning to do, and cardio that you should work up to doing at least 5x a week for 60 minutes. It's super critical in keeping it off when you hit goal too so you can't go skipping it and look fit. If you look at some of the people who have gotten chosen for a success story you can tell they work out.

It's a very sound plan and honestly i wouldn't do anything other because I KNOW I lose the weight on it.

Im starting this as well....
    Ive done it once before but only did the 6 day mini makeover but I lost 10 lbs!
    We'll see... Good luck to you! :)
  • blackchick41bb
    Options
    bump
  • SalubriousGyrl
    SalubriousGyrl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yep. I did this....and it is TOUGH. NO Salt, restricted foods and cooking meals for the week......BUT!...I lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks. The downside is that I put 20 back on because I went CRAAAAZZZZYYYY when I went to regular food and stopped exercising. The thing I don't like about it is that this program does not encourage exercising which I do think is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. This diet will have you losing the pounds quick but how many yo-yo because it is not realistic to stay on this forever.

Hello I found this post and I have tried the six week body makeover in the past. This is the best lifestyle changer on the planet. The one thing i wanted to mention is the diet does focus on dieting and exercise and has a section where it focuses on specific areas and by body types. It also encouraged at least thirty minutes of walking a day. I am a body type B and lost 30 lbs in six weeks. you just have to be dedicated to this new ways of eating with no salt, sugar, and other things
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I purchased this 1 year ago and I never started the program. I plan on beginning this in 1 week. My body type is "B". Hopefully I can stick to it for 6 weeks.
  • jcollie2928
    jcollie2928 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't think I know this program. what is a type A or Type B body. What type of food do you eat? Is it vegetarian?
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I did this and the first 30 days I did not excersize and lost 30lbs. I started working out my 2nd month. In 8 mts I lost 100 lbs. It came back as soon as I started eating other healthy foods that were not on plan. Then I gave up and gained it all back and than some. Now, I am trying out Chris Powell...trying to stick to his plan as best as I can. I have lost 10 in a week and half and its not as restrictive as the 6WBMO! I am glad I did do the 6WBMO though, because it taught me so much about food and when to eat them and when..such as protein with fruit, protein with carb. I have taken that with me and I eat protein with every meal. Also the 6WMBO forum has a awesome motivional sites such as this one. Loved bootcamp!!! Anyways...good luck!!!
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I don't think I know this program. what is a type A or Type B body. What type of food do you eat? Is it vegetarian?

It's not vegetarian. Your clean eating every few hours. Protein at every meal. It's restrictive but for some people it works!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I tried to follow this and it made me feel really ill. I don't know for sure, but I think the no salt part of it was making my blood pressure drop and I felt often like my blood sugar was too low.

What I hate about this plan is it includes a lot of carbs (potatoes, for example) that really spike your blood sugar. When it came down to it in the end, this was very close in protein consumed and total calories per day to what I followed on The Zone diet, but I always felt good following that, and that's what I tend to stick with, although not militantly.

I do like the the exercise portion of the Six Week Body Makeover, and that really helped me get off the couch and walking. That was a long time ago when I did it. I think MFP is better for that though with all the challenges and support here.
  • neederan
    neederan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am doing 6WBMO . I have about 10-15 I would like to lose. I am a B. One thing I do know is that it works. My weight came on gradually not right away. If you keep the basic structure and I found doing it during the week and got exercise regularly I was fine. I have been experimenting with other plans ( like Dukan, 17 Day diet and counting calories) I still compare to 6WBMO. I lose 5 or so then Nothing. I feel they mess me up..I lose interest. I also love Chris Powell, Chose to Lose. I like the idea of Carb Cycling which I can incorporate with 6WBMO using Rapid Results days.
    If you are interested, you can friend me.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I did the 6 day makeover and I was a body type B. I lost about 4 pounds and an entire dress size and I kept it off for a month. My biggest problem with it was that I felt like I was eating all day what with 6-7 meals! Also, it was a strain on my grocery budget because it was so much chicken and fish and only berries allowed. Also since I need to feel full after a meal, it was hard to eat such small meals every 2-3 hrs. It was about 1200 cals per day and mostly protein based. The no salt, no carb except rice and the constant meal preparations and carrying 3-4 boxes of food everywhere because it was so restrictive kinda put a damper on my mood the whole 6 days. The only good part was that I realized I needed very little salt in my food. My taste altered in the sense that even now I need very less salt in my food. I don't know how different the 6 week plan is but if it is similar to the 6-day plan, you might want to give it a try before you embark on the 6-week makeover.
  • neederan
    neederan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The Six Day Plan is limited and not suggested for long, so I understand you could not do that. I am to assume you purchased the Book. The Six week is not so limited. If you have the kit, you can revisit and see.