Ladies, a question about your ta-tas.

Options
_lyndseybrooke_
_lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
This is more of a question of curiosity, as the only breasts I’ve really examined are my own. I went bikini shopping a few weeks ago and, in the horrible lighting of the Dillard’s dressing room, I could see a little unevenness on the top of my left breast if I leaned my shoulders back. More in the chest area, but it’s technically breast. Upon closure inspection, it was almost like a line that bulged up more than the other areas of the breast. If it were a lump, it would be huge in order for me to see it, and it wasn’t really shaped like you’d expect a lump to be shaped. I’m wondering if it’s a vein or something that I never noticed in my much more forgiving bathroom lights. Now that I noticed it, though, I can see it in any lighting if I position my body correctly. I haven’t felt it, as the mere thought of feeling for any bump/lump/abnormality on my body nearly sends me into panic mode (my own issue, don’t worry about it), but I was wondering if any women here have something like that.

Replies

• patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    This sounds like something you might want to discuss with a doctor not MFP
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    This sounds like something you might want to discuss with a doctor not MFP

It's a question out of curiosity, as I said. I'm not asking for medical advice. I'm 24, no family history of breast cancer, and just had a breast exam done by my doctor a few months ago. I'm not asking if I have cancer, dude.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I've known a few women and a couple men that had something that sounds similar to what you are describing.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I don't have that.

Lumps that are present due to tumors (whether they be cancerous or benign) often aren't visible. Hence, why a breast exam requires actually feeling the breast. With that said, most lumps of concern are positioned near the armpit and not on the top part of the breast.

Of course, if it's truly concerning, I'd go visit a doctor or at least make friends with a nurse that you would be okay with feeling you up.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    No two breasts are alike, and there is unevenness to all of them. Tissue growth and glands can make any of them uneven. If you're concerned about it, get it checked out. If you've never noticed it til now, it's probably just an anatomical difference no one else sees, so I'd just ignore it until your next self-check.