Are you close to your family/relatives?

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
Personally for me, I have more fun and spend more time with my family, cousins, in-laws etc. than I do with friends. My family usually has a party, get together, holiday celebration, etc. several times a year where at least 20 of us show up consistently.
And we always have fun and crack jokes, pull jokes or play stupid games every time we're together. The biggest challenge for myself is that there's ALWAYS lots of great food so I have to be conscious of not over eating each time we get together.

I love being close to my family and hanging out.

How about you guys?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I get along great with MOST of my family. LOVE my parents and brothers but don't speak to 2 of my cousins and some aunts and uncles over a long family dispute.
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I only wish I had a family like that.

My family hates other people. I could go on but I'm not into thread derailment.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Not at all. They've met my son a whopping four times (he's 9).
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Parents, yes. Siblings, no.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Exactly the opposite. With the exception of one pair of cousins, I don't much care for my family and they don't much care for me. Always been the black sheep (somehow).
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    My dad yes
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    my mother and i spend so much time together lately making cakes that i have named us "two-headed cakemonster"
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Yes, why? You have a problem with them? I'll shank you. I guess that last response really answered your question. :flowerforyou:

Of course, I'm a loyal girl and will shank most anyone for those I love.
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have one cousin that I spend a lot of time with, and another in NYC that I email (and visit) periodically. There are other cousins as well who I keep up with on Facebook. Never had any brothers or sisters, my parents are both deceased, as well as most of my aunts and uncles (only have one aunt left and I see her fairly often).
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    about 25 of us still get together every Sunday at my grandmothers for lunch. :)
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Nope! Not at all close with any of my family on either side except for my mother.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Family is a big word.... I have some family I love and am very close with, and some family I don't care for and don't like to be around. You don't get to pick 'em.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I am very close with my parents and my father's side of the family. Everyone's all spread out though, so it's hard to spend a lot of time together... though we do manage to get together a few times a year and have an obnoxious good time. I'm very much looking forward to living closer to them in the near future! :)
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    very close to all my family.. i have no siblings but i have to bff that we might as well be sisters... get along with parents, aunts, uncles, cousins and even my in-laws
  • slr90
    slr90 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nope :/
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm close with my immediate family and some relatives. We all live pretty close to each other and are near in age, so we see each other pretty often.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I used to be and I love them to death but we're like strangers now. I moved 5 hours away from home and you would think it's on the other side of the world. Oh well.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I get on with / don't have any bad feelings towards the family that I know, but I wouldn't say I have a particularly close family, my mum's probably the only one I see and speak to with any frequency. My Dad and Grandad I see occaisionally and the rest usually just at weddings etc if I'm honest.

I'm an only child, and there is also some family I've never even met. Would I like it to be different? Absolutely. I'd love a big close family, who lived nearby and we saw each other regularly and had parties etc. That would be fun, but it's just not like that. I think we all have our separate lives and live in different parts of the country (or Europe for that matter) that it makes it even harder.
  • wickedpursuit
    wickedpursuit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nope. I keep a nominal relationship with three or four people in my family, but it's mostly so they know I'm not dead. My friends are much, much closer to me than family - and we have a LOT more fun!