Mean Eating

Options
I've been hearing a lot of people talk about this concept I think they called Mean Eating. They eat really plain, bland, tasteless foods, and that makes them kind of grumpy. Then they get the value of not only eating those super low calorie foods like celery and freshly squeezed carrot juice, but they also get the bonus calorie burn from waving their arms around while they stomp about the house.

Has anyone had success with this kind of Mean Eating diet? And what kinds of foods are considered mean?

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I think I experienced this phenom while carb cycling. lol
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Spinach cookies make me pretty mean...
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I tried it, but my family intervened after I kicked a puppy.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This is not considered one serving of ice cream. I think that's mean.

SS+earthquake+02.jpg
  • bexcobham
    bexcobham Posts: 107
    Options
    I've never heard of mean eating untl now, but that's a great description.

Never had any success with it. It's a great way to suck the joy out of life and it encourages you to binge.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Eggplants are mean so I never eat them!!! :sick:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    That describes me on most of the diets I was on before MFP. I was mean eating and didn't even know it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I kicked one when woken from a nap during somersizing (no white foods!). Maybe we should start a support group?
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    I've never heard of Mean Eating. Is it similar to hate banging? If so, I might be in.
  • bexcobham
    bexcobham Posts: 107
    Options
    I've never heard of Mean Eating. Is it similar to hate banging? If so, I might be in.

I was about to ask you what that was, but just worked it out.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Food that pretends to be another food is pretty mean. Like zucchini pretending to be lasagna noodles or cauliflower pretending to be anything other than what it is, totally mean!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

I kicked one when woken from a nap during somersizing (no white foods!). Maybe we should start a support group?

I think we should. The guilt I've felt since I started friendly eating has been close to unbearable.