What else can I do?? No change...

Options
Hi friends!
Well, it seems I can't get passed this plateau.. and even have gained a little weight back. When I first starting shedding the pounds I felt absolutely beautiful in my body, ate healthy and was working out 2-3x a day (literally killing myself) and only getting 3-4 hours of sleep a night while also attending college. It was a love/hate relationship. As of now, I am waiting for Fall semester classes to start, work part time and still go to the gym once a day. I eat consistently well and incorporated a lot more weight lifting into my daily routine. However, I'm finding that it just isn't doing the job. I have fat that I want to lose but it is persistent on staying. I'm afraid that the only way my body will shed the fat again is with vigorous amounts of exercise and training. Should I incorporate more workouts during the week? What works for you? Tips?

Also, I already eat gluten free (and try to hit my macros every day consistently). I have tried paleo before but I found that I was very tired all the time.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Get some sleep. The body burns more fat on a good night's rest/sleep compared to doing 1 hour of moderate cardio. At rest the body burns 100% fat for energy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    A pleateau is normally 4-6 weeks of NO change (measurements or weight)
    Eating Gluten free has nothing to do with losing weight.

It takes time and patience. You need to eat enough and sleep enough too.

Can you open your diary?
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    for the amount of exercise you do, I think your body could stand some more calories.

yes, I know. I'm on that "eat more to lose more" bandwagon. but I think there's something to it. ;)