Hello (:

Options
em902008
em902008 Posts: 18 Member
I've dabbled with this site on and off for a while and have finally decided to give it a real shot. I'm 23 and I've always been on the heavier side. I know a lot has to do with the things that happened throughout my childhood and teenager years that subconsciously still mess with me. I don't have a support system. When I got my gym membership a few months ago, I had a friend who really pushed me, which I didn't realize how helpful his nagging was until he stopped. I have other friends who keep saying "oh I'm going to get a membership and go to the gym with you!" But that never happens. I found a time that I like to go to the gym and as soon as the person I work for found out they decided they started needing me during that time. I could go on for days about all the things working against me lately. I typically go to the gym 4 to 5 times a week for at least 60 minutes. I aim for 90+ minutes but it doesn't always work out. I got back into lifting, but stopped a couple weeks ago because I wasn't loosing anything. (At what point should I see my doctor about this? I should be losing weight after a couple months!) I'm trying a month or so without lifting to see if it makes a difference. I track what I eat on the S Health app on my phone. It was such a pain entering it all on here the one or two times I did it. If anyone has some tips on making that go a little faster I'd gladly take them! Like I said before, I'm really just looking for a support system with someone/people with similar "goals". I love working out and i hate not being able to talk about it with anyone because they all get annoyed by it/don't care.(Makes me question my choice in friends). Feel free to message/add me. Still not fully sure about how the site works and all that. Plus I'm thinking checking a message on here is a lot easier than accessing the forums on a mobile device(which is what I'm typically on).