Feeling hungry

clarkeje1
clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
How to get used to the feeling of being hungry?

For a while now I've been eating to the point of extreme fullness to where my stomach poofs out like a pregnant ladies. I guess binge eating. But now that it's the norm for me, I feel like I have to get used to feeling "hungry" or just not full so that I will stay under my calorie goal. I know you guys will say (eat protein, eat this, eat that) but I'm not asking about foods that make you feel more full. I want my stomach to get used to this feeling so that I don't feel like I have to be full all the time. Obviously I don't wanna starve, just looking to stay within my goal. And before u say 1200 isn't enough, I'm planning on starting a workout routine of 6 days a week and eating back some of those calories, so I'll have more than 1200 on a regular basis. Tips?

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    First thing I do every morning is have two, huge glasses of water and that starts my day off well.

I do intermittant fasting so I go 24 hours with 200-300 calories. First time or two was a little tough, but now it has become easy and on the cycles I get to eat at my maintenance I felt it was tough to get that many calories in.
    After 6 weeks I took 1 week off of it and only ate when I was hungry.

and lost 1.6 lbs that week as IF taught me the difference between hunger, thirst, boredom or just the societal norms of when certain meals should be.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    How to get used to the feeling of being hungry?

For a while now I've been eating to the point of extreme fullness to where my stomach poofs out like a pregnant ladies. I guess binge eating. But now that it's the norm for me, I feel like I have to get used to feeling "hungry" or just not full so that I will stay under my calorie goal. I know you guys will say (eat protein, eat this, eat that) but I'm not asking about foods that make you feel more full. I want my stomach to get used to this feeling so that I don't feel like I have to be full all the time. Obviously I don't wanna starve, just looking to stay within my goal. And before u say 1200 isn't enough, I'm planning on starting a workout routine of 6 days a week and eating back some of those calories, so I'll have more than 1200 on a regular basis. Tips?

I had this problem when I just cut my calories. In the end I got all depressed and ocd over it and gave up.
    Since i started ket I had a pretty terrible 3 weeks then ive been fine, counted calories the first week and then did not bother. Still dropping about a kilo a week just eating as I did the first week its become second nature. satisfied after every meal without that sick full kind of feeling when you eat an entire dominos then try to keep eating. Go 24 hours without eating or even thinking of food. When I ate alot of carbs it was an obsession food wise, plan every meal try to work off the mistakes and so on. This is great because it requires zero effort once its habit.
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Water, water, water until your body readjusts. It may take a week, may take a month, but you won't feel hungry anymore when your body figures out it's going to get what it needs. It's an amazing feeling to eat less at a meal than you used to and feeling completely stuffed.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    First thing I do every morning is have two, huge glasses of water and that starts my day off well.

I do intermittant fasting so I go 24 hours with 200-300 calories. First time or two was a little tough, but now it has become easy and on the cycles I get to eat at my maintenance I felt it was tough to get that many calories in.
    After 6 weeks I took 1 week off of it and only ate when I was hungry.

and lost 1.6 lbs that week as IF taught me the difference between hunger, thirst, boredom or just the societal norms of when certain meals should be.

Too dramatic and unnecessary
  • LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    It realllly helped me when I started eating 5 small meals a day. You end up eating every few hours so your never hungry. Good luck!!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Try eating really cold foods, like frozen bananas or grapes, or really hot foods like soups or hot cocoa or tea. It helps slow down how quickly you eat and then your stomach will have time to send the signal to the brain that it is enough food. It's weird but it works. Also it helps to munch on low calorie raw veggies like celery, carrots, snap peas, etc. for snacks.
    Good luck.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Thanks for the tips everyone, I appreciate it!