New! Need some guidance..

Options
Hi all! I am really looking forward to my journey on here. I just recently came onto the actual website and fell in love. Like many others have posted, it makes me actually feel in control for once. I'd like to lose 23 lbs by the end of February. The date is just to have a goal..nothing special otherwise. I am very new to this and don't really know what to do so if anyone has any advice for me that'd be great. In the mean time I'm going to play with everything on here to see what I can figure out on my own. Also, can anyone direct me to good website for low carb/sugar recipes? And at home workout exercises? I am a full-time nanny so I work out when I get the time which is only taking the baby for walks. HELP! :)

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Count your calories (ALL of them) and when you walk do it fast. That's pretty much all I did for exercise, other than some on the Wii if the weather was too dreadful (though I did walk outside when it was around 9* at one point) and I lost 50+ pounds. Eat at least part of your exercise calories and stay within your limit and you'll lose weight. Good luck!
  • kristenskelton
    Options
    Good luck, I'm new here too and am excited about the support I am finding!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for almost 4 months. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • mommajo93
    Options
    I am new here too and super excited about the support from the community on this website and also the tools! it feels great to have control over what I am putting in my body day to day. Best of luck!!