Confused

Options
Okay. So I totally get that you should "eat back" the calories that you burn, but does it make that big of a difference? I have a hard time getting to like 2000 calories in a day, let alone 3500. I just read a post about this but was entirely confused. It's 6pm and I've ate a whopping like 300 calories today. (Loss of appetite, multiple deaths, I know I should have ate more by now) I normally hit about 1700 a day/avg. I'm still adjusting to using this site versus the app on my phone I've been doing(s health). A non complicated answer would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back my calories for exercise. I don't even log my workouts. I set my calorie goal based on how I feel and how my body responds. What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for a week. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Allan
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If you are truely burning 1500 calories then you are netting 500 so yes you need to eat them back or at least some of them.

as a woman net 1200 min, as a man net 1800 min