You call this a diet?!

Options
emtjmac
emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
So, I'm back after a rather lengthy and rarely interrupted descent into hell where I regained the 70-something pounds I had lost. I'm feeling really good today for a very specific reason. I allowed myself to include a taco and an ice cream sandwich. The sky didn't fall, I'm not dying, and I now believe resolutely that it's OK if not everything in my diet includes paleolithic sprouted heirloom wheat grass. I have allowed myself to not feel guilty about what I ate, and for some reason, it worked today. It's a mildly frightening proposition, but I really think that I may be back on track. Like, long-term back on track. I'm not counting any unhatched chickens, but this feels pretty good for right now. I am at a hefty deficit and I am satisfied, unhungry, and loving what I ate. Also, I had a very strong workout. Lots of endorphins flowing right now. Feeling good. Hope this lasts.

How was y'alls day today?

Replies

• StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome post. Remember that feeling.

The all or nothing route does nothing to help with adherence or sustainability.

You got this!! :flowerforyou:
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Count calories for weight loss. I always allow myself to have a treat if it is within my calorie limit. The fact that they are usually so high in calories is the only reason I don't eat them more. Most of the time I'd rather have MORE of GOOD food. So, enjoy the fun foods when you can afford them.