Big deficit-having a head time eating ALL THAT FOOD!

Options
2»

Replies

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Also...30 lbs feels like a mountain to climb right now! :frown:

Just take it a day at a time. See how you go with what you're currently doing - if you feel tired then maybe eat back some more calories, if your weightloss slows then perhaps eat less of them.

You are your own experiment, so tweak the settings until you find what works for you
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    add some fats. Most calorie dense macro nutrient.
  • CarlaNB
    CarlaNB Posts: 38
    Options
    Thank you every one! :flowerforyou:
    We will find out for sure on Monday, as I plan for a weigh-in.
    Have an awesome weekend!
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Activity level set at active. I actually do power walk, almost fast enough to keep up with slower joggers. 5.8 km in 53 minutes, averaging about 9.15/km.
    The counts seem really high to me too, but then again, I am a very active person, teaching lessons, riding, grooming, etc.
    I appreciate the help as I wouldn't want to gain weight doing this wrong!!

I think this is your problem - if you set yourself as "active", then you really shouldn't then log most of the activity you do each day. The active setting is "spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity" so you are already given "credit" for most of your activity on your journal. Your options are to either change the setting to sedentary and continue to log all of your activities, or leave it at active or even very active and don't log all of the activities.
  • CarlaNB
    CarlaNB Posts: 38
    Options
    So just a little update here. I must be logging fairly accurately, both food and exercise, as I am at 40 days today! and 14 "official" pounds down!
    Thanks everyone for your input!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    SO I only started here on Monday, but already I am having problems eating alllllll the calories I'm supposed to. I am not hungry either. I think I'm eating ok so far. Anyone want to have a look and let me know if I'm doing some thing wrong?
    Also, I would like to say how amazing everyone here is! The support is extraordinary!
    Thanks in advance!

According to your food log with the exception of today you have been eating between 1500 and just under 2000 calories, which imo is not a bad intake at all.
    I wonder what you exercise is each day, because burning between 600-700 is actually quite a lot for most people. Also, you might weigh all your food. For example consistently logging 20 grs of cheese ? Do you really just eat a piece the size of your little finger ? Also it is almost impossible to eat each day exactly the same to the last gram, unless things are factory packed.
    When I started out I werighed a chicken breast and for maybe three weekis I logged that weight ( 125 grs ) until I realized that half an average chicken breast can vary from90 to 150 grs, which is 75 % more in weight and also in calories. Yoiu might feel so full, because you eat more than you think and maybe don't need to eat an extra 600 exercise calories, because you actually burn less.
    This is why weighing and measuring food each time you eat is so important !
    Good Luck !
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    So just a little update here. I must be logging fairly accurately, both food and exercise, as I am at 40 days today! and 14 "official" pounds down!

Great job - that is a great result!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    SO I only started here on Monday, but already I am having problems eating alllllll the calories I'm supposed to. I am not hungry either. I think I'm eating ok so far. Anyone want to have a look and let me know if I'm doing some thing wrong?
    Also, I would like to say how amazing everyone here is! The support is extraordinary!
    Thanks in advance!

According to your food log with the exception of today you have been eating between 1500 and just under 2000 calories, which imo is not a bad intake at all.
    I wonder what you exercise is each day, because burning between 600-700 is actually quite a lot for most people. Also, you might weigh all your food. For example consistently logging 20 grs of cheese ? Do you really just eat a piece the size of your little finger ? Also it is almost impossible to eat each day exactly the same to the last gram, unless things are factory packed.
    When I started out I werighed a chicken breast and for maybe three weekis I logged that weight ( 125 grs ) until I realized that half an average chicken breast can vary from90 to 150 grs, which is 75 % more in weight and also in calories. Yoiu might feel so full, because you eat more than you think and maybe don't need to eat an extra 600 exercise calories, because you actually burn less.
    This is why weighing and measuring food each time you eat is so important !
    Good Luck !

This is why reading most of the thread is important.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

That's fantastic! Thanks for the update.