modivation

Options
Hi All!

Im trying to lose 15 pounds, but gain muscle mass... (so lose about 5 points but be more fit) but This site tells me a 1200 calorie a day diet. How does one do it? I have a desk job so I find it difficult to eat 1200 calories a day, work out, and lose weight. I find I snack to much at night because I'm starving during the day. I find I have a lack of midivation when I'm home.

Does anyone else have this problem... snacking at night? If so, how do you overcome it?

I have done the low carb low calorie diets before, but they yoyo.. i find I tend to crave what I am missing from my diet.

HELP!

Does anyone have any pointers in how they stay modivated and stick to there plan?

Im going crazy and have no will power... humph :(

Replies

• Kassi22
    Kassi22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Im trying to lose 15 pounds, but gain muscle mass... (so lose about 5 points but be more fit) but This site tells me a 1200 calorie a day diet. How does one do it? I have a desk job so I find it difficult to eat 1200 calories a day, work out, and lose weight. I find I snack to much at night because I'm starving during the day. I find I have a lack of midivation when I'm home.

Does anyone else have this problem... snacking at night? If so, how do you overcome it?

I have done the low carb low calorie diets before, but they yoyo.. i find I tend to crave what I am missing from my diet.

HELP!

Does anyone have any pointers in how they stay modivated and stick to there plan?

Im going crazy and have no will power... humph :(
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I would plan out my day the night before. That way you can lay it all out and try to space out your food.

Try to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and at least 2 snacks. If you don't have a lot of calories to work with, try soups, veggies, and drink lots of water!
  • ehorner1976
    ehorner1976 Posts: 147
    Options
    I don't know when you are working out, but I work out after work and it seems to really curves my appetite. I usually have to make myself dinner! Just a thought! Hope it helps!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I agree with ehorner, I work out right when I get home, and I'm really not that hungry then. BUT, I would suggest eating more during the day so you don't get into that ravenous starving mode when you get home. I used to do that too, but, now I've realized that it's better to eat during the day, than mouw at night. Good luck!! I'm sure you'll do fine once you get going!
  • kandiedkisses18
    Options
    I have a desk job too. I try to have a snack of something like nuts or a granola bar cut up into bite sizes. Maybe even something like grapes. Just something really small so that I can keep it in my desk and so it doesn't get in the way of me doing stuff. Also drink a lot of water because you won't feel so hungry. If you can do this it can help so you aren't starving when you get home. My problem is at night too. I just chug water or try to go to bed earlier so that I'm not tempted to snack. My suggestion for cravings is to not cut anything out except maybe fast food. I do chocolate every night! But it's a low calorie snack.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Pack snack baggies of raw veggies, fruit, cheese and crackers, nuts, anything really, and take them to work with you to snack on. If you aren't allowed food you could say you have special dietary needs right now, but i doubt anyone will even notice. It will keep you fuller during the day so you won't pig out as much in the evening.