Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The Secret Fast-Food Diet

I found this article on Yahoo & thought I would share... Pretty interesting stuff...thought I'd share...

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/secret-fast-food-diet

Replies

• c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    cool! thanks for posting. they are pretty great tips :) I especially live by the Dont Drink Your Calories rule. I mean seriously, if you have the choice to eat an extra 100 cals or drink them which would you pick? Ill choose the chocolate square thanks and drink a big cold glass of water.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    #6 Is insane!!!!!! Thank you for sharing this
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Thanks! :-)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Dear Fast Food Restaurant:

I’m leaving you. That right, and believe me when I say this; it’s you and NOT me. I have realized that I don’t need your cr@p anymore to get me through the day. I’ve come face to face with your truth. You’re a loser!!! You only gave me empty calories and a short time thrill. You made me feel horrible about myself and you helped me pack on the pounds.

I can only imagine what my heart suffered from this cheap relationship. Did it get all clogged up? Your convenience wasn’t even worth it. You were just down the street, walking distance, or just a phone call away but you didn’t provide any real solace. You didn’t provide any real companionship, happiness, or self respect. I’ve finally realized how much of a jerk you’ve been all this time. Because of you, I hadn’t been able to walk up stairs without huffing and puffing. Because of you, I had a wardrobe full of clothes that I couldn’t fit. And because of your triflin’ azz I was always tired by three o’clock every day.

So it’s over. I’m done. I’m putting this letter out here to help the next woman that believes in you. You may be everywhere we turn, but we don’t have to fall for your lies anymore. I’ve thrown away the ketchup packets, the magnetic fridge ads, and the flyers in the drawer. You won’t be hearing from me, because I’ve had it with you. I simply don’t have time for you anymore anyway. I have a date with a treadmill this afternoon. You see, I love myself too much to allow you to destroy my life any longer. I have to be here for my kids (whether they like it or not). And they need to learn from my example.

Good Riddance!!!
  • anissa7
    anissa7 Posts: 11 Member
    I LOOOVE your letter!
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Thanks...I'm now checking out the shopping cart one at the bottom :)
  • @edorice, here, here, girl, love the letter and you are kick *kitten*, good for you im right behind you:flowerforyou:
  • brice02
    brice02 Posts: 64 Member
    Awesome letter!
  • pellenga
    pellenga Posts: 66 Member
    OMG... THIS AWSOME!!!!!
    Dear Fast Food Restaurant:

I’m leaving you. That right, and believe me when I say this; it’s you and NOT me. I have realized that I don’t need your cr@p anymore to get me through the day. I’ve come face to face with your truth. You’re a loser!!! You only gave me empty calories and a short time thrill. You made me feel horrible about myself and you helped me pack on the pounds.

I can only imagine what my heart suffered from this cheap relationship. Did it get all clogged up? Your convenience wasn’t even worth it. You were just down the street, walking distance, or just a phone call away but you didn’t provide any real solace. You didn’t provide any real companionship, happiness, or self respect. I’ve finally realized how much of a jerk you’ve been all this time. Because of you, I hadn’t been able to walk up stairs without huffing and puffing. Because of you, I had a wardrobe full of clothes that I couldn’t fit. And because of your triflin’ azz I was always tired by three o’clock every day.

So it’s over. I’m done. I’m putting this letter out here to help the next woman that believes in you. You may be everywhere we turn, but we don’t have to fall for your lies anymore. I’ve thrown away the ketchup packets, the magnetic fridge ads, and the flyers in the drawer. You won’t be hearing from me, because I’ve had it with you. I simply don’t have time for you anymore anyway. I have a date with a treadmill this afternoon. You see, I love myself too much to allow you to destroy my life any longer. I have to be here for my kids (whether they like it or not). And they need to learn from my example.

Good Riddance!!!
  • AMEN! OMG, I LOVE IT! Thats how I feel about coca cola, pepsi and birthday cake! lol U R AMAZING! You made my day!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Great post. I have been following these rules (or similar) for quite a while now. Just need to study the fast food places that you may go to and have a healthy option for each one :) Still obviously best to do as much cooking yourself as possible but for those times when there is no option but fast food you don't have to go overboard.
  • Somenameioi
    Somenameioi Posts: 43 Member
    Thanks! This is great!