Where to weigh

Options
Is it bad to have your scale on carpet? Our bathroom is all carpet so right now our scale is downstairs in our kitchen/pantry area. I really don't want to have to weigh myself naked in the kitchen! I have also heard that having your scale on your second floor can affect your weight as opposed to having it on your ground level. Any truth to this?!

Replies

• jac2lyn
    jac2lyn Posts: 90
    Options
    you can get a thicker piece of wood (scrap) and put it under your scale, then it will be on a hard surface. I always weight myself on the second floor, I never heard that one!
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I think it it supposed to be on a flat, hard surface.
  • BexC
    BexC Posts: 53
    Options
    I weigh on hard flat, if i do it on the rug i weigh in less than i am x
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    the idea is to have your scaled fixed so it doesn't move around becuase that will make the weight shift. if it never changes when you get on, then don't worry about it. but if it changes on you if you move around. I would put something firm like a plank to put under it.
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Sounds like you have your scale in the perfect place, by the food! I doubt your pajamas even weigh a pound, so just wear them and subtract a pound from your weight.
  • JosephTucker
    Options
    I like the idea of being on the carpet..weigh less... :) , but I agree with the hard surface, don't need to cheat yourself and always weigh on the same scale too. Good luck!
  • rachelmonsi
    Options
    Thanks for asking the question cuz I was faced with these questions yesterday, carpet or floor - confy master bath upstairs in my room or SMALL guest bath downstairs. You all have helped me, thanks again!
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Never weigh on carpet and never move your scale. I keep mine in one place and never move it.