Re-dieting!

Options
Hello everyone,

I just started using MFP via the iPhone app. It got such rave reviews that I decided to give it a shot.

I am a 35 yr old male, 5.8 ft, 182 lbs. My goal weight is 155 lbs. I am about to have my first child, a boy, in the next couple of weeks! I am very excited, but I did gain quite a bit of "sympathy weight" during my wife's pregnancy. She is constantly nibbling on junk food, and it is very hard to resist! ;)

I had previously lost 17 lbs earlier this year, but then gained it all back.

To motivate myself even more, I started a challenge at work: the "biggest loser" will win an iPad! The boss was nice enough to agree to provide the iPad for the winner - he also wants to lose weight, and he's in on it.

I hope to meet you guys and get to know you.
Thanks!
Pierrick

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    What a great boss!! Welcome and good luck!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Welcome and goodluck on your journey. I wish you great success. This site is indeed awesome, and you should have great results
  • havfaith
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • pierrickv
    pierrickv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your warm welcome! This morning was the official weigh-in at work. I am competing against guys much heavier than me to begin with, but we're only gonna focus on the percentage of weight loss, so it might not be that big of a disadvantage for me. I really want that iPad!