Need a well rounded fitness program

Options
Hi,

Can anyone provide me with a well rounded basic fitness program. So far I have only been doing cardio and I know that I need to add in strength training as well. I belong to a gym so I have access to all the equipment I just can't afford the trainer. Any help would be great!

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    there a lot you can look up, but my advice is to pay for a session at the gym and have a trainer set you up with a program using the equimpent the gym has. You can later change it up as you learn more.
  • BERNIESELLIE
    Options
    Most gyms will give you a tour through the circuit equipment if they have it for free. That could be a start. They also will offer suggestions for working what you want to accomplish. Good Luck
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    www.beachbody.com has a lot of wonderful programs. I've done both version of P90X and I've done a lot of different things over the years and P90X ultimately has been the most affective and cheapest.
  • padbh
    padbh Posts: 40
    Options
    I am sold on Jazzercise, you get cardio and training. It is fun.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Read this, very helpful.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/5_fat_loss_workouts.htm

I also recommend the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women". I have seen great progress from this program!
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My $.02 is mixing cardio with some strength training (weights) is the best way to go. If you have never done weights, the machines are a good place to start.
  • jaimechiioldi
    jaimechiioldi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with the member who said Jazzercise....I have been doing jazzercise since May, and not only am I losing weight but I am getting incredible muscle definition, that I didn't think I would ever see. My calf muscles are rock hard...and my glutes and biceps are on their way there as well. Jazzercise is worth every penny. The first 40-45 minutes are filled with kick butt cardio and the last 15-20 minutes are strength routines to really build those muscles.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper has a 4-dvd set that covers cardio, strength and flexibility. It's hard, but it's AWESOME!!!!