Calories ( suck at counting)

Options
I suck at counting calories when I cook my food how do I know the calories in my meal..Help anyone...

Replies

• cyclepathic1
    Options
    try weighing the main things like pasta rice potatoes etc. After afew goes you'll know the calories off pat........ Good Luck x
  • Yaya0485
    Options
    THanx Im gonna need to by a scale dont have one yet....
  • navs52
    navs52 Posts: 40
    Options
    I always use the recipe section and then put in the ingredients one by one. It will add the calories up for you based on the amount of each ingredient you list. You can do it by cups and whatnot so you dont' need a scale.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    read the box. if a serving of pasta is 3/4 cup. just put in measuring cup. after awhile you will be able to eye it up.
  • Yaya0485
    Options
    Where is the recipe section..Im new
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    defintiely start measuring. I buy chicken or beef in incriments (ie I buy .75lbs of chicken, and then split it into 3. 1lb=16 oz and one quarter lb = 4 oz. I know I have three 4 oz servings) Pasta or rice (or really any grain) is what fits in a 1/2 cup is just about a serving. If you plan it out a head of time too, you will better know how much to use while you are cooking.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I bought an inexpensive food scale at Wal-Mart and used it so much I bought another one. They're definitely worth it.
  • Yaya0485
    Options
    Im gonna go to walmart asap..thanx.
  • Yaya0485
    Options
    I found the recipe section ...Thanx alot urrrr great..
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure EVERYTHING . . . anytime I try to "eyeball" it I come out heavy . . . and I've been doing this for quite a while now!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Weighing is safer then measuring as that sometime tends to be over to. I have a WW scale I got for @$30. There might be a post on here of other scales people might recommend. But work with what you have until you can get one.