Bookworm new to all this & would like some friends ^_^

Options
Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

I always feel so strange trying to talk about myself, but I'll do my best...

I'm Amber, 26, from Florida. My ideal day would include staying in with a good book & cup of tea on a rainy afternoon. I suppose I enjoy the escapism books & other fictional outlets provide. Some of my favourites are the Harry Potter series, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, Bates Motel, classic fairy tales, and anything to give me a good scare. I've also always been fascinated by science & like to collect various fossils and shark teeth.

Up until now I've avoided exercise due to a heart condition that causes fatigue and pain upon exertion, but with age I'm noticing I put on weight more easily and generally feel out of shape. My doctor told me it would be a good idea to start improving my diet and introduce small amounts of exercise into my routine & so here I am!!

I'd appreciate any kind of support or even if you'd just like to be friends & chat about random things that would be great. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Replies

• k_shooshooter
    k_shooshooter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I will totally add a fellow Whovian!

By the way, I'm Kim!
  • redpantsandjam
    Options
    Another Kim here, also a Sherlockian, OUAT, GOT and Who fan. Welcome to the boards :)
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Lots of fellow interests! Are you at all a graphic novel person? If you love fairy tales and can give a chance to graphic novels, the Fables series is EXCELLENT. Adding you, and welcome!
  • BreezyLaughter
    Options
    Hi! I'm new as well! :smile: I am also a Sherlockian, as well as a GoT, OUAT, Bates Motel, and HP fan! I love the original Grimm fairytales, though I admit to having a weakness for Disney. I also really like science- unfortunately I'm restricted to science articles as my aptitude for actually carrying out the subject appears to be 0.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yay! Another one of us! :laugh: Welcome to MFP!
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the forums, while exercise is good for overall health most of weight/gain loss is diet so introducing small amounts at a time should still be successful. If i had to put a ratio to it, 85% of weight loss is diet. I know of and have read several of what you listed with the GoT books being at the top of my favorites. Im sure you'll do great it just takes a bit of dedication!
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Also a Potterhead and Whovian! Friend request sent :)
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    welcome and a add coming your way.
  • KatDJZ
    KatDJZ Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lots of fellow interests! Are you at all a graphic novel person? If you love fairy tales and can give a chance to graphic novels, the Fables series is EXCELLENT. Adding you, and welcome!

I'll second that, Fables is awesome!

Welcome :) I also love Harry Potter, of course, and watch all the same tv shows...plus so much more, lol. Nice to see there are so many people here with similar awesome taste.
  • TheFuzzyPepper
    Options
    Welcome! Friend request coming your way! :3
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Potterwholocknibbal! Request on your way!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    In case the name doesn't make it clear, I too, am a HUGE bookworm! You are welcome to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Ah a fellow Whovian & bookworm!! Your perfect afternoon is mine as well & i've spent many days never putting my book down(which completely astonishes my husband)! I'm always happy to make a new nerdy friend :bigsmile:
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a self-proclaimed bookworm :D Sending you a friend request now~
  • MadKatter9
    MadKatter9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anyone okay with Game of Thrones is okay in my book.
    Name's Kait. :) Feel free to add me up.
    And anyone else for that matter!

How's everyone feel about The Walking Dead?
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Had me at bookworm!
  • iandroid989
    iandroid989 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm prince charming add me if you like
  • Allizabeth1
    Allizabeth1 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm new as well! I would love to chat anytime. I'm a fan of that stuff too. :3 Good luck!!
  • theoncomingstorm6464
    theoncomingstorm6464 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Whovians unite.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent; best of luck on your goals!