Lost Half of my Body Weight and almost there (With Pics)

Options

Replies

• aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and what a story you have to share! Thank you for posting. Friend request sent.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    So much of this I feel like I could have written myself. It is wacky. I'm not there yet, but much like you I have that out of body experience of, "No, that's not me" when people congratulate me on the 80-some pounds I've lost. I feel like I've lost 20, because the me that started on 2/19/14 again for goals of health, not weight, is who I identify with the most. I don't identify with the me between 335-350 from 2008 or so who lost 35-50 pounds so slowly over a few years I didn't even notice from a medication change that hard originally packed on 40-60 pounds in about 4 months. I don' t identify with the me from early 2012 when I woke up one day and realized that I did deserve to be happy, and healthy, and to do it all for myself.

I lost 50 pounds then (I joke that I jumpstarted my weight loss by losing the 260 pound weight off my back that was my ex), and I lost the bulk of it in three months (April to June), but over 6 months (January to June) - and actually while eating Girl Scout cookies...I jokingly called it my GS Cookie Diet. However, my life had been on pause.

So when I came back to myself and started again, over two years, I slowly gained about 20 of it back. I woke up one day and realized I wasn't doing this. Health, my health, was a priority, and I would be damned if I was going to stuff myself back in a corner because life hit me like a ton of bricks. I described this journey as more mental than physical, and as a roller coaster, with major ups and downs, a few unexpected twists, and something I just needed to relax and enjoy as it came.

So wow, just wow. You inspire me on a daily basis, and I'm so glad we've become MFP Pals. :)

Carly
  • K2Sakura
    K2Sakura Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You really are an amazing person! :flowerforyou:
    I will think of your journey whenever I am about to give up..... you are my inspiration!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look amazing! Thanks for sharing.
  • mbadam69
    mbadam69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing and inspirational! Especially for me, on day 1, where I am starting out and feeling overwhelmed by it all! So glad to read your story!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Yes you look absolutely wonderful...Thx for sharing
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Love, love , love your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What great advice & fantastic attitude.
    You are a great role model. Be proud, you did amazing. :flowerforyou:
  • gert1985
    gert1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% on the consignment shops and LOVE thrift stores for that reason too !
    Good for you for doing so well. Enjoy the new you .... You have done fantastic !
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That obviously took a great deal of work, and it certainly paid off!

6324c7894cf7f43cff5f42c5c707c728.jpg
  • blf20
    blf20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Very eloquent.
    Congratulations!
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • AceCC86
    AceCC86 Posts: 71
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story and amazing attitude with us. You are an inspiration.
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    That photo is amazing, you truly are an inspiration; I know that I had chosen a good friend in you, you never cease to amaze me.... Thank you for befriending me xXx
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's is fantastic. What a loss !!
  • IAmJustina
    IAmJustina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! You're a great inspiration and I can't wait to be where you are!:smile:
  • KeyCat43
    KeyCat43 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Really inspirational! You look great : ) Thanks for sharing!
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yay well done! My goal is to loose half my body weight too (280 - 140) so it's great to see someone else who's done it! I can't wait to eventually post the same thing!

You look great :flowerforyou:
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations, you look great. The weight you lost is a whole person pretty much. Way to go.
  • nate1618
    nate1618 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing! You look so wonderful now. So strong and fit and lovely. You should be very proud of yourself and never let yourself revert to what caused the weight gain. That's hard to do. Congratulations. You have a most inspiring story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!