Warrior Dash

Options
Has anyone done it? If so, what can be expected and are the obstacles the same?

Replies

• missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    I did it in SoCal in April. It was a blast, the obsticles were WAY easier than expected, even in the sweltering heat, and you can't beat the people watching :) I didn't wear a costume but if I can figure out how to post a pic or two I will :) Definitely going to do it again
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    What do you think about wearing Vibram Sprints for it. I can see where it would be helpful in water obstacle but I wonder about how much traction I would get in the mud.

Also, I'm on week 6 of couch to 5k. I'm hoping to do a couple of 5k's before I venture into this. Can you think of any other specific training I should do? Besides, running and strength training.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think I am registering for the August event in Colorado. Any ideas from those who have tried it are appreciated!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    do lots of body weight trainging for this one. work your way up to being able to do pullups un-assisted. you can do it, just taked time.

pushups also. do them. work up to proper pushups, big sets.
    and squats.

These things will help so much!

Even practice crawling type movements, simulating some of the crawls you might need to do during the course.

Besy bet would be to evaluate whats been done previsously from the videos, and get creative with trainging ideas and techniques that will relate directly to what needs to be accomplished.

My trainging already has all that crap in it. Im planning on doing the 2012 aussie one.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    ouch, I guess I better get started! I can't do pull ups or real pushups. I was a little better after 30 DS but now that I am mostly running I am not very strong.
    I did register!