You know you've got a good one when....

Options
2»

Replies

• joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I strength train with my BF twice a week. Even when he is super busy like this week and doesn't have time to see me or do other important things for himself - like he's pretty religious about his basketball games but he didn't even play this week since he was so busy- he makes sure that he is there for me for those two strength training sessions.

Thanks @titianwasp for initiating this thread so we can pause to recognize all the support we are getting from those close to us
    titianwasp wrote: »
    I wonder what the difference is. Some people have great support networks, others have saboteurs everywhere they look. Is it the people we attract in our lives, the people we are attracted to, or how we perceive the actions of others?

I notice a couple of people talking about their ex and how unsupportive they were. Probably when we are ready to change then we also change the people around us?

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    titianwasp wrote: »
    I wonder what the difference is. Some people have great support networks, others have saboteurs everywhere they look. Is it the people we attract in our lives, the people we are attracted to, or how we perceive the actions of others?

I think a lot of it has to do with expectations. Some people think they have no support or are being sabotaged because their SO isn't going to the gym and overhauling their diet (noun) with them. Some people think that their coworkers are sabotaging them by offering cookies at work.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    2 days ago i was talking to my husband saying how i really want to get more weight lifting in to my work outs but really dont feel comfortable doing it at the gym with all the blokes........last night he ordered me some for home

he always supports me and tells me when my body is changing because he knows I dont see it and get very upset some times that to me it seems like nothing is happening.
    he also rejoined the gym and although only logs food in mfp when iv weighed, logged and cooked it he is watching what he eats too now.
    he also paid my bills 2 weeks ago so i could go buy myself a bike