Tried on my wedding dress after losing 107 lbs! (PIC)

Options
blinker86
blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
I got married in October of 2012, and although I enjoyed the process of wedding dress shopping and was happy with my purchase, I did not feel confident on my wedding day. I realize now that no dress would have given me the confidence I was lacking. I didn't pursue weight loss efforts until a couple months after the wedding. While I loved our photographers and the photos they produced for us, I had a rude awakening after getting our pictures back and seeing how large I actually was. Since the wedding, my dress has been hanging in a closet, and as I've continued with my goals of losing weight and improving my health, I've wondered what to do with it. I finally decided that I will donate it to a local organization that uses wedding dresses to sew "angel gowns" for infants that are stillborn or die shortly after birth. A group of amazing individuals volunteer their time to create these gowns, which are then donated to local hospitals for families who may be in need of them. Of course, I had to try on the dress once more before I say my final goodbyes! I'm sad to see the dress go, but I look forward to wearing many other dresses now that I've found that confidence I didn't have before.

I'm still not finished with this journey, as I have about 30 more pounds I'd like to lose. While I'm thrilled with my accomplishments thus far, there are some days and even weeks that are difficult, and it can get frustrating when you find yourself feeling stuck. I've found a lot of my motivation through NSVs during these times. Remember, the scale is not your only measurement of progress! Look for success and improvement outside of those numbers on the scale. It's those changes that often mean the most. :smile:

Starting weight: 271
Current weight: 164

unnamed_zpsd0056142.jpg

Replies

• katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    amazing job - well done - and i like how your smile turns up at the corners even more now than it did in your "before" picture. :flowerforyou:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    HAHA, that's great. Both arms in!!!
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! You look fab!!! I love your donation for that cause. Great job lady!
  • Monsterliana
    Monsterliana Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You my dear, are amazing!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job, but you were still a beautiful bride!
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You looked wonderful on your wedding day but so much happier and healthier now :) Well done on your amazing weight loss.

What a lovely idea about donating your dress, such a lovely thing to do xxx
  • camralens
    camralens Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You should be so proud of yourself! =)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    you're a beautiful bride ....... and now you look even happier ....... a big congrats on taking care of yourself !
  • chaemd
    chaemd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Fabulous, young lady! You must be very proud of yourself. And if you aren't, you should be.
  • keykey48
    keykey48 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    you were such a beautiful bride! I love the photo with your arms in the dress. you've come a long way, physically and emotionally; be proud of your accomplishments. Thank you for being such an inspiration here on MFP!
  • Always_Belle
    Always_Belle Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and as a mom who has suffered the loss of babies, I am thankful that you are donating your dress to have it made into angel gowns. Truly a beautiful sentiment that means so much to moms and dads who are suffering.
  • drattedfatbody52
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You found a wonderful use for your wedding dress. You looked beautiful on your wedding day and you look beautiful today. I'm motivated by your weight loss success.
  • BozGirl
    BozGirl Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I agree that you were a beautiful bride! But these photos are a testament to your hard work--you've made an amazing transformation!! (And, I'm so glad I saw this post because you and I are weight loss twins!)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Great idea for the donation. I've been wondering what I should do with my wedding dress, since it's still stuffed into a closet after the marriage ended and I've already lined up husband #2.
  • hughjass783
    hughjass783 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I've been really bummed since my wedding last year because like you, I didn't pursue any of my weight loss goals. In fact, with all the stress of planning, I think I put on more weight. My dress was gorgeous, my pictures were awesome, but I didn't feel at all confident that day, and I didn't feel very beautiful. Every time I look at our pictures, all I can see is my weight, and not the fun we had that day. Your post made me feel like I can let go of some of that guilt and move on, and be more excited about all the other (smaller) dresses I'll get to wear hopefully someday soon! Thanks again, and keep up the good work. You look fantastic! :happy:
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I love this. Great post! :) Congratulations!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    this is amazing and i am glad your lovely dress is going to something special. Its great to know you went onto achieve your goals after the wedding so very often people do it for the wedding and put it on again after. great work
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Well done! Great success story.
    Stef.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!